Rehome my small shoal - Seattle area

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

ImaxEventer

Rehome my small shoal - Seattle area

Post by ImaxEventer » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:02 pm

If there is a more appropriate place to post this, suggestions are welcome.

I have a small shoal of three Clown Loaches that I have had for 5 or 6 years. I love them and want them to have their best life. I would like to give them to someone who already has an established Clown tank & is an experienced aquarist.

If you are in the Seattle/King County area and would like to add to your loach family, let me know. I will require a photo of your setup, your loaches and how long you have been keeping Clowns.

They are currently in a 75 gallon tank with lots of hidey-holes, and good water quality. They are not stressed or carrying any diseases that I know of. They have been the only fish in this tank for over a year.

I'll check back here at least once a day, until I have a new home for them.

redshark1

Re: Rehome my small shoal - Seattle area

Post by redshark1 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:41 am

I recommend cut and paste to Facebook Clown Loach Fanatics. Hardly anybody listens here anymore. https://www.facebook.com/groups/139544712868942/
6 x Clown Loaches all 30 years of age on 01.01.2024, largest 11.5", 2 large females, 4 smaller males, aquarium 6' x 18" x 18" 400 ltr/90 uk gal/110 US gal. approx.

ImaxEventer

Post by ImaxEventer » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:23 am

Thank You.

MultipleTankSyndrome

Post by MultipleTankSyndrome » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:41 pm

If you don't have good luck there, you could try AquaBid too. No experience with it myself but it's pretty popular.
473 liter - pictus catfish, smallscale archerfish, planned pumpkinseed sunfish
110 liter - green neon+cardinal tetras
473 liter - roseline sharks, striped kuhli+black kuhli+Burmese loaches, zebra/weather/neon kuhli loaches (planned)

loachlover4482

Post by loachlover4482 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:08 pm

Make sure the new home has a lot of plants. Loaches really need a bunch of plants to feel good. https://www.theaquariumkeeper.com/15-pl ... hrimp-tank This article is about the best plants for shrimp, but it can also be used for plant picking for loaches, because similar to shrimp, they are relatively shy and like to hide. Good luck finding a good home for your little fellas!