I'm going mad from lack of loaches!

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

botiaboy

I'm going mad from lack of loaches!

Post by botiaboy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:31 pm

i really am addicted to loaches,I think im going nuts. As you can see from my siggee,I dont have ANY loaches right now :cry: . Now I know what they mean by you dont know what you got till its gone. Anyway, I found some small sids,yoyos,and kubotai at my lfs recently.Would any of those be a good idea to add to my 26?I decided that instead of getting another sinibotia for my 26,I would clear my 55 of ich and then dedicate it to the genus, since i realised my 26 had too high a temp anyway.My 26 has 2 bristlenose plecs, a USA flagfish,2 rainbows,3 hatchets,3 UDCs, 4 tetras and a cory.
My loaches:
5 kubotai
5 almorhae
5 kuhli
5 zebra
1 aborichthys

newshound

Post by newshound » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:47 pm

hate to be the angelfish 666 here but...
you lost a loach in your 26
and then you had a ich outbreak in your 55?
it sounds like things aren't going to well in your fish keeping world.
anyhoos
get a q-tank going to safeguard your current fish
drain your pool!

botiaboy

Post by botiaboy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:50 pm

Actually ich came first...yes,I havent been faring too well recently.Were seting up a QT tank soon,a 10 hex that we have in the basement.
My loaches:
5 kubotai
5 almorhae
5 kuhli
5 zebra
1 aborichthys

LUVaLOACH

Post by LUVaLOACH » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:39 pm

botiaboy wrote:Actually ich came first...yes,I havent been faring too well recently.Were seting up a QT tank soon,a 10 hex that we have in the basement.
don't feel bad botiaboy...I had an undergravel filtertration system in my 55 which I totally do not recommend anyone ever having one which got backed up with tons of waste and I lost at least 15 fish to dropsy, fin and tail rot, had cloudy eye, and several unexplained deaths, not to mention the $ I spent on meds. It was literally a nightmare, just now getting it all settled, lol...that should make ya feel a little better!

Good luck to ya,
Kris
Have you loved your loach today?