Is This Playing or Aggressive behavior in this loach video?

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

LoachOrgy

Is This Playing or Aggressive behavior in this loach video?

Post by LoachOrgy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:56 pm

I saw these two loaches doing it. I have another pair that does this but they keep a tiny space between them the entire time. they will lightly nip eachother but keep doing it. In this video they run away from eachother.

when i saw the other pair do it they wouldn't run away. they would tail eachother and try and mimic what the other one was doing. kinda like they were swimming in formation. when they would circle the other one would circle. ect.ect..

the loaches are playing alot lately. i think they are adapting to the new lighting and light time schedule. also they remember the salad shrimp....lol i feed them the salad shrimp around 6pm and lately they have been making sure that i see them.

sad days are ahead. the 7yr old pleco is getting a new home soon. its a sad day but he keeps cutting himself bc he has no room. so now he is going in a 135 gallon.

i noticed today that all of the smaller loaches were chowing on the cucumber. lately they have been dodging me and only come out late at night and usually im beat by 1am. this tank couldn't be happier. all of the fish are swimming around and playing in the current.

i recently discovered a tasty loach treat running for its life. i found a snail that came along with some of the plants. luckily i caught him, put him in the separator and gave the snail some flake food in hopes that there will be 300 snails by a few weeks.

sometimes the loaches sit on top of the plecos head. its so funny looking!

here is a video of my cherry barbs swimming against the current

grizzlyone

Post by grizzlyone » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:14 pm

I think its the lava lamp causing this behavior :lol:

Kevin

LoachOrgy

Post by LoachOrgy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:19 pm

lol, yeah they really like it. actually they do this swimming up and down pattern more early in the morning. its really interesting. the light went out and all of the cherry barbs are schooling in the corner together in one tight nit bunch.

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:14 am

Those clowns are just being clowns. No real aggression there at all. :wink:

Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

LoachOrgy

Post by LoachOrgy » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:25 am

yeah this morning all of them were out and about. they always run when i take out the camera though. they finally had the guts to come out and stay out! lol..

crazy loaches

Post by crazy loaches » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:18 pm

arghh got to upgrade my flash player :x

edit> Ok, I can watch them now, looks good to me!