Is This The Best Loach Shop In The World? Split Thread.

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

angelfish83

Post by angelfish83 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:07 am

I really like the 'catfish and loaches' sign. Once youve been in the hobby awhile you dont want to walk past all the gouramis and barbs anymore when you know you only came to buy a few loaches :P

Good one.

USFMarine

impressive

Post by USFMarine » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:23 am

wow, wish I had a business to frequent of that quality and professionalism in Florida.

After a review like the one you wrote, I'm surprised they only gave you a sticker ;)

angelfish83

Re: impressive

Post by angelfish83 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:06 am

USFMarine wrote:wow, wish I had a business to frequent of that quality and professionalism in Florida.

After a review like the one you wrote, I'm surprised they only gave you a sticker ;)
Im SURE you must in Florida. That's a pretty vibrant aquarist community. A lot of things are collected for the trade around Florida.

I just noticed you're from St Petersburg btw!
It's probably my favourite part of Florida... The people are very mellow there. Much nicer than Miami

USFMarine

Post by USFMarine » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:27 am

angelfish83 wrote: Im SURE you must in Florida. That's a pretty vibrant aquarist community. A lot of things are collected for the trade around Florida.

It's probably my favourite part of Florida... The people are very mellow there. Much nicer than Miami
Nothing can be more correct. I consider Miami not a part of the "Florida" I have grown up in and love. It's a scary place down there (I cringe with the thought of having to go there).

Speaking of nice and mellow, I just got back from a Florida Orchestra park concert w/ fireworks at the Vinoy Park at Downtown St. Pete... at 70 degrees with a nice ocean breeze it could not have been a nicer evening for my friends and I, it was free too!

The only fish stores here are 1. Petsmart 2. nasty mall places 3. a few dissapointing local places including "Petmart" (not to be confused with Petsmart)... Wish I could find a reliable no B.S. clean fish store in my area.... Maybe what I want doesn't exist here...

nikitanain

cool shop!

Post by nikitanain » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:30 am

beautiful shop...very well managaed...wish we had such a shop in india :)

angelfish83

Re: cool shop!

Post by angelfish83 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:43 am

nikitanain wrote:beautiful shop...very well managaed...wish we had such a shop in india :)
You can scoop a lot of fish out of the water that we have to go pay for ;)
it evens out

cory

Post by cory » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:24 pm

awesome pics,thanks for sharing :D

nikitanain

Post by nikitanain » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:50 am

scoop fish out of the water :shock: thats a dream!!
75 gallon tank
10 gallon tank
3.5 gallon tank

1 labrador

daspricey

Post by daspricey » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:33 pm

omfg!!!!!
sorry but that is amazing!
emma,
can i come and live with you?lol
well done!

david

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:37 pm

*Steady now*

daspricey

Post by daspricey » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:54 pm

sorry. :mrgreen:

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:46 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

tglassburner

Post by tglassburner » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:05 pm

Wish i could find a shop like that in NE Ohio

AesSedai

Post by AesSedai » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:11 pm

USFMarine wrote:
angelfish83 wrote: Im SURE you must in Florida. That's a pretty vibrant aquarist community. A lot of things are collected for the trade around Florida.

Nothing can be more correct. I consider Miami not a part of the "Florida" I have grown up in and love. It's a scary place down there (I cringe with the thought of having to go there).

Speaking of nice and mellow, I just got back from a Florida Orchestra park concert w/ fireworks at the Vinoy Park at Downtown St. Pete... at 70 degrees with a nice ocean breeze it could not have been a nicer evening for my friends and I, it was free too!

The only fish stores here are 1. Petsmart 2. nasty mall places 3. a few dissapointing local places including "Petmart" (not to be confused with Petsmart)... Wish I could find a reliable no B.S. clean fish store in my area.... Maybe what I want doesn't exist here...
I'm in Tampa and recently found the best fish store so far, by far. It's called The Fish World and it's the oldest fish store in Tampa. The varieties and sizes of fish she has there is unbelieveable! Many, no doubt, you wouldn't find anywhere else.

The owner, Kathy, also does autopsies, gill scrapings...she treats sick fish there and you can board them there if you go away for awhile ($10.00 for a 10 gal for month..can't beat that price). The woman KNOWS fish and knows what she's doing. A bit expensive on decorations and what nots but the fish are worth the slight (very slight) higher price.

Anyway, DO check it out. You won't be disappointed. I'd post the phone number here but not sure if that's kosher. Let me know if you have trouble finding it.

The Fish World. It's on Waters Ave. in Tampa

Regards,
Karyn

MaryJ

Post by MaryJ » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:14 pm

That`s an awesome shop and with very heathy looking loackes too. Most of the loaches I have had either ick,skinny disease or paracites. I just can`t seem to find nice loaches that don`t need treated in the Q tank for one thing or another. Thankfully last year I found a new LFS that "sometimes" had healthy loaches for sale.
125 5 Clown Loaches, 7 Discus
55 3 Discus,polkadot loach,clown Pleco
55 Cories,Betta,Platy juvis
29 Cories