50% decrease in price of Kubotai at PetSmart! to US$9.95

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

qumqats

50% decrease in price of Kubotai at PetSmart! to US$9.95

Post by qumqats » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:54 am

PetSmart has had a label up for Angelucis for quite some time. And the tank even occasionally had one or two itty bitty guys in it. However at US$19.95 I wasn't two interested and I imagine a lot of other people weren't either.

Well I guess they weren't selling well enough. The price has been reduced to US$9.95!!! I had read about this price reduction in another thread here, but it didn't sink in. Well I just came from PetSmart. They had >7< of them! And they were MUCH larger then I remember. I guess they've been growing all this time!

I now have a VERY LOACHY Q-Tank.

5 Kubotai
4 Sids ( got these a week ago at Capital Aquarium )
2 Striata ( I know I need more, Capital Aquarium only had 2 left )
2 Checker Barbs ( huh? where'd they come from? )

All under 2", most around 1".

The Kubotia settled right in, and the character of the tank has changed. It amazes me how much the behavior of a tank sometimes changes with a seeming small change.

<SPLASH>

Well, I guess some of them have discovered what happens when they swim upstream. I just heard a splash and took a look only to discover a tail fin sticking out of the outlet of the filter. A wiggle later one of the Kubotias popped back into the tank. I'll have to keep an eye on that. I don't think they can get into trouble since there isn't any way to get past the bio-wheel but . . .

VERY expensive contents of tank. I'll be keeping very good care of them.

NOW . . . I >DO< need to start thinking about getting the 180G running in the Living Room. These guys are going to out-grow the Q-Tank pretty quick and I'm not sure I have room for them in the 30G or 60G.