Still cant find any sinibotia....

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

botiaboy

Still cant find any sinibotia....

Post by botiaboy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:04 pm

Ive decided to turn my 55 gallon tank into a sinibotia tank, but I still cant find any for sale,online or in any lfs. The pet store I got my first one in went out of business a few months after i got him. Anybody know somewhere i can get any?I'm looking for any species except robusta.
Also, I was wondering if i have enough water flow for them. The tank has a sponge filter with a profile 2900 air pump,a powerhead for a 30 gallon tank, and a topfinn 60 HOB filter. Should I get another powerhead?
Finnally,are there any good tankmates for sinibotia? I'm not worried about temperment, just how warm the water will be, i'm planning on having it at 68F since they are subtropical,and i'm not sure if there are any compatible fish that wouldn't mind that temp or the current.
My loaches:
5 kubotai
5 almorhae
5 kuhli
5 zebra
1 aborichthys

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:19 pm

botiaboy, please can you add your location to your profile. That way people in your region may be able to help. :wink:

Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

botiaboy

Post by botiaboy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:49 pm

got it
My loaches:
5 kubotai
5 almorhae
5 kuhli
5 zebra
1 aborichthys

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:32 am

Thanks botiaboy, hopefully someone in your area will be able to recommend somewhere for you.

With regards to tankmates, many of the Danio and Devario species enjoy fast current and cooler temperatures. There are some really beautiful species available in the hobby these days, well worth thinking about.

Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

botiaboy

Post by botiaboy » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:27 pm

ok,so now i just need to know about the water flow and where to find them
My loaches:
5 kubotai
5 almorhae
5 kuhli
5 zebra
1 aborichthys