OK...Now i'm hooked!!!

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

aquariumjunkie

OK...Now i'm hooked!!!

Post by aquariumjunkie » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:29 am

So i bought 2 Schistura cf. balteata at Wal-Mart, were the employees thought they were baby pictus cats??? Any ways, i have them in a 40 Gal. tank all by themselves. I joined this Loaches Forum to find out what these guys were, and after looking around this site, i've decided to set up a loach tank. So my question to you guys is what else can i put in there with them. Right now in the tank i have gravel, bogwood, and some live plants. I really like the idea of doing a river tank... round rocks, fast flowing water... right? Any info would be great. Thanks :D :D :D

Setsuna

Post by Setsuna » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:10 am

G'day Aquariumjunkie.

If you havn't already check out the articles at http://www.loaches.com/articles. Martin has (several) articles about setting up river tanks there.

Welcome ^_^

LoachOrgy

Post by LoachOrgy » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:37 am

wow, took you long enough to get hooked lol..just kiddin! loaches are awesome i share your excitement! :D
All your loaches are belong to me!

aquariumjunkie

Post by aquariumjunkie » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:37 pm

Thanks for the great info. I think i might have to go buy another 55 Gal. for my new loach tank!!! :D :D :D I used to walk right past the loach tanks at the pet stores, but now i really enjoy keeping them!!! I still have a lot to learn about this species (and ALOT of reading). But im sure this GREAT site will help me out. Thanks again
60 Gal. Afr. Cichlid Mix+2 Polypterus Senegalus
60 Gal. Tigerfish Tank
55 Gal. Afr. Cichlid Mix
55 Gal. South American Cichlid Mix
50 Gal. Jaguar Cichlid
40 Gal. New Loach Tank
20 Gal. Grow out tank
2 10 Gal. Grow out/ Breeder