The Squishy Saga

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

saphphx

The Squishy Saga

Post by saphphx » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:06 pm

So, Squishy is in my tank to make my life hell and give me heart attacks.

Was sitting here, watching TV, and my housemate giggles, looking at the tank, I look just in time to see the end of Squishy's fin vanish into the filter outlet! I had enough time to launch across the room and yank the power cord from the socket and wiggle the fish free, he had his head stuck in the inner bit of the outlet, and is again SQUISHED but normal. Little moron. So I have wrapped the filter in a mesh material. I am tempted to shove the whole filter in a pair of old panty hose and stitch it together at the top just in case he tries to get into the tiny slits the water goes in. Fricken fish wants me to stress to death! Should I shove the whole thing in panty hose, or would he not try shoving himself in the inlet?

This is the filter: http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem. ... ct=HG10165

its a fluval 2 if the link isn't working. I didn't think he would be able to get into it thanks to the out flow, but they've been very active and the filter has been packed with plants and sand, so I've cleaned it and shifted it up off the bottom but under the top on its side to keep most of the stuff well away from the inlets.

too many lovely fishies, not enough room for more tanks - fishkeeping nightmare :P
All My Fishie Stuff n Info

Help Save The Pacu

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:43 pm

Hi Saph,

Do you have the filter outlet turned up to full power (the slider under the outlet nozzle)?

Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

saphphx

Post by saphphx » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:58 pm

Emma Turner wrote:Hi Saph,

Do you have the filter outlet turned up to full power (the slider under the outlet nozzle)?

Emma
yeah, it was all gunked up with plants and sand, so I'm guessing it lowered the output enough for little Squishy to get in it. I've put mesh over the outlet incase it happens again though, just worried about where he will shove himself next... lol
too many lovely fishies, not enough room for more tanks - fishkeeping nightmare :P

Help Save The Pacu

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:00 pm

That sounds like a good idea - Squishy sounds rather accident-prone! :P

Emma

saphphx

Post by saphphx » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:03 pm

he's doing my fricken head in! I've moved back them going to the big tank as I am stressing about all the little places he can get jammed in that the other clowns are well to large to even try to get in. I want to put him in a big hampster ball or something lol!

Help Save The Pacu

saphphx

Post by saphphx » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:06 pm

he got the mesh off and went in the filter again :/ I've unplugged it and am off to tesco for panty hose lol

Help Save The Pacu

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:14 pm

Naughty Squishy! :shock:

Ok, the best plan is probably to purchase a Hagen spraybar kit which can be attached to the Fluval internal outlet. That way, the return water is forced through lots of small holes which a loach nose cannot fit into! Most good lfs should carry these. If you struggle to find this locally, you can always give our shop a ring and we can sort out sending one up to you in the post. :wink:

Emma

Fear_The_Loach

Post by Fear_The_Loach » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:27 pm

What kind of loach is squishy? Lol, yeah, I'm stupid. :D
Loaches! LOACHES!

saphphx

Post by saphphx » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:05 pm

Emma Turner wrote:Naughty Squishy! :shock:

Ok, the best plan is probably to purchase a Hagen spraybar kit which can be attached to the Fluval internal outlet. That way, the return water is forced through lots of small holes which a loach nose cannot fit into! Most good lfs should carry these. If you struggle to find this locally, you can always give our shop a ring and we can sort out sending one up to you in the post. :wink:
Last one I saw was £10 or something stupid. I keep telling myself I will make one out of tubing and a hot nail, but I haven't gotten around to finding the tubing that will fit for it. Would be easier to get a kit, but £10 looks a lot for a tube with holes in it lol. I got some knee highs though that I need to rinse then tie around the filter though. Silly loach!
Fear_The_Loach wrote:What kind of loach is squishy? Lol, yeah, I'm stupid. :D
a naughty naughty clown loach. His last adventure: http://forums.loaches.com/viewtopic.php?p=47337 He's trying to do me in!

Not up for adopting a loach are you Emma? :P

Help Save The Pacu

KLKelly

Post by KLKelly » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:15 pm

I got a kick out of his name! Made me laugh.

Thanks for posting by the way. Loach proofing a tank is something I'll have to do if mine ever get out of QT.

Karrie

saphphx

Post by saphphx » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:20 pm

KLKelly wrote:I got a kick out of his name! Made me laugh.

Thanks for posting by the way. Loach proofing a tank is something I'll have to do if mine ever get out of QT.
There is loach proofing, then there is Squishy proofing! His stomach still sets him appart from the others :P Now his nose does too! Silly thing!!

cheap panty hose are your friends :D

Help Save The Pacu

sebamamo

Re: The Squishy Saga

Post by sebamamo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:46 am

A blue product is sold for the enjoyment of the youngsters. All the passages of the https://www.bestbritishwriter.com/assig ... uk-review/ have been marked for the regular moments and sorts for the satisfaction of the candidates in life.