An update and pictures of my fishies!

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

shazam26

An update and pictures of my fishies!

Post by shazam26 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:21 pm

Well I decided it was about time I showed off some pictures of my clowns now that they're a bit bigger, and my new clown Luigi that I got about a month ago now. So without futher adieu...

Here's Lewellyn, my little baby clown. He's still only about 1 & 1/2 inches :lol: but he's sure gained girth!

My delightful Tanooki, who isn't quite do tiny, at nearly 4 inches O_O

Here's the elusive Alfie, hiding in his favorite spot as usual :P

In front we have Luigi, who is quite the strapping fishies indeed- he's three inches right now:) Behind him is Alfie. Food scavengers :wink:

Here's my lovely pleco Mister D, and the tail end of one of my cats, Mollie.

A quite plump Tanooki dining with my full sized striped Kuhli :lol: Jasper!

In the front is Scalliwag, the back is Mollie peeking out. Both very interested in the algae wafer portions.

Also very interested is Luigi, peeking out to see what all the flashing is about...

And finally emerges for a photo op. 8) He looks very thin here but he's very well fed- he eats like crazy! He's now developed the habit of throwing rocks around the tank to get the last remaining crumbs of shrimp. :lol:

Here's how Tanooki likes to rest in his FAVORITE ornament, the old car...

Here's Luigi making himself at home whilst Tanooki is out. :twisted:

Quite a rare moment: Alfie out and about, front and center with all lights on :? Boy he must've been hungry :lol:

And one more for the road!

That's all, folkes!
hahaha not exactly magazine quality but bear with me, I have a terrible camera. :roll:
3 Dojos: Indie J, Sir Loin, Double D
1 Pictus: Mollie
---
1 Red Fin: Tanooki
3 Clowns: Lewellyn, Alfie, Luigi
3 Kuhli's: Jasper, Heckle, Jeckle
---
1 Dwarf Gourami: Yazz-Flute
2 Angelfish: Thurstin, Genyevive (Vyvi)

Keith Wolcott

Post by Keith Wolcott » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:40 pm

Great looking loaches!

fishnose

Post by fishnose » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:43 pm

8) :D :D 8) Great pics! I love the names! jasper seems pretty outgoing, and mister d, no offense to him, looks rather sinister, almost like this :twisted: with his red eyes.

Goodness! tanooki is the "roundest" rainbow shark I've ever seen! The shot with his tail poking out of the car is priceless. "of course I still fit! what are you talking about?"

Mine is still a little on the small side but is beginning to fill out.

Vancmann

Post by Vancmann » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:01 pm

You have names for all your fishes!? Great bunch! they look plumper from when I last saw them..
120 gallon planted aquaponic tank with 10 clown loachs, first one since 1994, 1 modesta and 3 striadas.

mistergreen

Post by mistergreen » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:00 pm

Cool fishes.

How's your PH?

I noticed those stones in the back of your tank. They tend to raise the PH.

LoachOrgy

Post by LoachOrgy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:46 pm

nice shark. looks like he needs a bigger home...

i had a 6" rainbow shark that i had for about 5 years. he died but he was one of my favorite fish. I bet if you get him a bit bigger house he will be very happy. i find that the rainbow shark that i had would sleep and hang out with the clowns. the two fish got along really well.
All your loaches are belong to me!

shazam26

Post by shazam26 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:25 am

My pH has always come out 7.0, no real variation, except when I was living in another town. Our towns water is actually at, quite literally 7.0. It's perfect water! ^_^
hahahahahaha that's the funny thing about Tanooki- I put in bog wood, I put in a big rock piece for him to go under, I try making him new bigger cave variations and switching the tank up but he always goes back to that old car. He loves it. So much that whenever I try to take it out for cleaning, he swims along inside of it until it comes out of the water, and he has to abandon ship :lol: I guess it's been there ever since he was introduced and it's just officially what he declares his territory now.
Just like when I put my hand in- eventually he gets a little too friendly with it, and chases away other fish from it so he can lie in it. :lol: He's a weird fish but he rarely gives any of the other fish any trouble. The most he does is pester the pleco every now and then- which, anyone would know, is a very difficult task to accomplish. :wink: I love Mister D, he's a very active pleco. I'd consider him just as active as any of my other bottom feeders, he's such a weird, weird pleco. I have a clown pleco who of course loves the driftwood- this guy goes nuts for sinking wafers and algae tablets. I even saw him nibbling at shrimp residue once. :? I thought that was really weird but I don't know, maybe algae eaters DON'T strictly eat algae all the time? Anyway the clowns get on great! That log is clown territory and every once in a while I'll find Tanooki sleeping inside of it- very rarely, but he used to sleep vertically when he was little so I guess he enjoys being able to do that with his big huge, fat body now and then. :P I'd have more clowns but the tank I have really wouldn't be fair to fit more in. I've got my quota right now IMO :lol: I'm glad they all interact so well!
The other day I was terrified that the unthinkable happened- that one of my pictus ate one of my kuhlis :shock: Because he had such a big belly, and one of the kuhlis were AWOL. I never saw it for a few days and was so sure that had happened. :( And then I found the other guy hiding out in a nook in Tanooki's car, eating a piece of wafer it had snatched- the catfish had just devoured two shrimp pellets single handedly in a gulp :o I would've found it strange for them to eat kuhli's anyway, I've kept them together a few times and always see them eating together and minding their own business. The kuhli's like twisting into whatever nook or crannie is around while my catfish play tag and zoom around like go carts!
Also I have a couple barbs (they're green coated tiger barbs, which I thought was very weird- how do they do that?) And a few giant danios to give some life to the top of my tank. They're very friendly and merely peck a tiny bit at some food that sinks down on it's way down. That's about it. The barbs are terrified of Tanooki and the catfish :lol: The danios are indifferent to everyone. 8)
---
---

LoachOrgy

Post by LoachOrgy » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:32 am

lol...thats great!
All your loaches are belong to me!

fishnose

Post by fishnose » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:11 pm

:cry: sniffle sniffle...so sorry to hear about the kuhli. I'm scared my 3 year old goldfish will die because that's the longest I've ever had a fish, which is reallly sickening, but he was just the first fish to be purchased after I started reading. Now, they don't die anymore, while my first guppy tank lost fish as fast as they bred. I hope none of your other kuhlis go down the same path.

shazam26

Post by shazam26 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:04 pm

LOL! :D Then let me relieve your woes- my Kuhli actually didn't end up a snack, I just thought he did! I discovered him hanging out in a plant with my other kuhli's just yesterday :P
---
---