New to loachaholism

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

esgirl

New to loachaholism

Post by esgirl » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:35 pm

Hi there!
Fairly new loach enthusiast. Got my first tank(s) almost a year ago. Love all of my fish, but have gotten a bit nuts about loaches!
Right now I have a 10 gal tank and a 29 gal tank; saving for a 55 gal that I will hopefully have by end of summer (already got the stand).
I have 1 Kuli, 3 weather, and a butterfly loach.
Look forward to checking out this forum!

worton

Post by worton » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:03 am

Hi there!

Sounds great, save the money, buy bigger tank and more kuhli loaches since single speciment is not very happy - they are very social fish.

Regards.

LoachOrgy

Post by LoachOrgy » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:22 am

yes loaches are definitely loach crack! :D
All your loaches are belong to me!

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:26 am

Hi esgirl, and welcome to Loaches Online! :D

Right now you seem to have a bit of a mixture of species, all with different requirements. Have a browse through our alphabetical species index (http://www.loaches.com/species-index/species-index) to read up in-depth on their needs. For your kuhli loach, look under Pangio species, Misgurnus for the Weather Loach and the butterfly loach sounds like it could well be a sucker-bellied hillstream loach. The latter have very special requirements, so have a read of this informative article: http://www.loaches.com/articles/hillstr ... -fast-lane

Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.