My Newer Blue Botias (yasuhikotakia modesta)

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Fear_The_Loach

My Newer Blue Botias (yasuhikotakia modesta)

Post by Fear_The_Loach » Fri May 11, 2007 6:52 pm

I just recently (liek in teh last month) got two blue botias for my tank. They are of the red-tailed variety, and are medium-size. They were in the store tank for more than 2 months, so I got a discount on them.

They are healthy and colorful. It took them about four days spent most of the time hiding and staying towards the back end of the tank.

But it didn't last long. Soon, they were very, very active. They share a tank with assorted tetras, and spent a lot of time cruising along with the schools of them near the top. They zipped around, played 'follow the leader', and had a few territorial quarrels. Whenever flake food goes in, they're the first to get it. I can even handfeed them and, believe it or not, they let me touch them when they are eating.

Though they have been known to nip. Probably most of you know they feel like a small pinch, so it isn't much.

Basically, I'm just surprised that they went from recluses to one of the more dominant and tame fish in my tank in mere days. :shock:
Loaches! LOACHES!