Getting out of Loach keeping lots on stuff in NJ

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

JBall

Getting out of Loach keeping lots on stuff in NJ

Post by JBall » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:22 pm

Hey eveyone,

Haven't been aroung in a while. I like the new forum. Hope everyone and there loaches are having fun.

My job is demaining more of my time than I like to admit. I need to downsize my fish hobby.

I currently have 5 tanks set up lots of loaches. If anyone is interested and in the Northern NJ area all plants and fish are free to a good home.

Clowns, sids, Kubotai, Striata, Histrionica, breeding tank (with Martin's setup) of p. cheni, beaufortia, some plecs (bristlenose, royal, rhino, unidentified), few sae, otos

Plants: mostly common stuff, crypts, vals, java moss, java fern

Tanks: 55 gal, 46 bow, 80 gal (6ft X 1ft), 2 20long, 10gal.
nice roots, wood and some rocks.

I'd like someone to take it all instead of piece mail. I will help load and unload but I cannot deliver.

For details please contact me. I am hoping to keep one tank but everything really must go.

Hope all is well.
Justin

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:34 pm

That's sad! :? All them lovely loaches having to go. I know the feeling when i had to give my Clown loaches up over two years ago. :cry:

mikev

Post by mikev » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:12 pm

HI, JBall,

Sorry to hear this.

OK, here is the sit: I most certainly cannot help with everything but it so happens that some of what you listed is on my "try to have eventually" list (unfortunately, more than I can provide space for).

If it happens that you cannot find a single home for all your fish, please consider dropping me a PM with what is left, maybe I can be of help.

I'm somewhat in the area (NY) and would be glad to pay a "fair market price" we can figure out.

JD

Post by JD » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:00 pm

Damn, I wish I had the room. I would love to have some of the fish, especially the sids, but I have no room left for the tanks. How many sids do you have? I will see if I know anyone that may be interested. What is your drip dead date?

JD

Nikki

Post by Nikki » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:59 am

Im surprised that our lovely Meez hasnt jumped on that yet. I am probably as far away as you can get so i cant help, much to my chagrin, I really want some replacement sids for my tank! ;)
My tanks

I still miss my husband sometimes...
But my aim is getting better.

shari

Post by shari » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:09 am

Hi Justin,

I'm in NJ and have some space in my 55 now that I've moved inhabitants around but not enough for all of your fish, sad to say.

If you want to pm me some details we can talk. I could pick up the fish myself...

pedzola

Post by pedzola » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:16 am

I'm in Northeastern CT, so it would be a few hours of driving, but I might be able to take a couple fish...

How big are your clowns? How many do you have? I just set up a 75g tank with 7 small clowns, 3 yoyo's, and 15 cherry barbs.

So there is still room in the tank for more.

Let me know.

xpcekeeper

Re: Getting out of Loach keeping lots on stuff in NJ

Post by xpcekeeper » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:46 pm

JBall wrote:Hey eveyone,

Haven't been aroung in a while. I like the new forum. Hope everyone and there loaches are having fun.

My job is demaining more of my time than I like to admit. I need to downsize my fish hobby.

I currently have 5 tanks set up lots of loaches. If anyone is interested and in the Northern NJ area all plants and fish are free to a good home.

Clowns, sids, Kubotai, Striata, Histrionica, breeding tank (with Martin's setup) of p. cheni, beaufortia, some plecs (bristlenose, royal, rhino, unidentified), few sae, otos

Plants: mostly common stuff, crypts, vals, java moss, java fern

Tanks: 55 gal, 46 bow, 80 gal (6ft X 1ft), 2 20long, 10gal.
nice roots, wood and some rocks.

I'd like someone to take it all instead of piece mail. I will help load and unload but I cannot deliver.

For details please contact me. I am hoping to keep one tank but everything really must go.

Hope all is well.
Justin
Justin, Just joined this site and saw your post. Are you still giving your loaches to a good home? Also, are you selling any of your tanks and equipment? I am very interested. Wayne

lunasmile

Post by lunasmile » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:56 pm

I live in ne philadelphia, I am not sure how far from you... I could take one 20 G. send me an e_mail. thnks victoria. :lol:

mamaschild

Post by mamaschild » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:19 pm

I really hate to ask this, but is there ANY way you would consider shipping???????

pedzola

Post by pedzola » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:16 pm

Just FYI - original post was March 3rd. He hasn't posted in this thread since then.

mamaschild

Post by mamaschild » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:57 pm

Thanks....I honestly didn't notice :oops:

:)