Loaches and H2O2

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

crazy loaches

Loaches and H2O2

Post by crazy loaches » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:49 pm

I am just wondering if anyone knows if Clowns are more sensative to H2O2 than any other fish or pant. In preping for the move to my new tank in a few weeks I am trying to kill off all remenants of algae currently in my tank and pretty much the only thing thats an issue any more is thread algae. I really dont want this stuff getting into the new tank, and every plant I move over will probably go through a H202 or bleach dip during the actual move.

I beleive the normal strength dose is 1ml/gallon and some dose 2ml/gallon as an algecide. So I'll at most start with the 1ml/g. Just wanted to double check if anyone here might happen to have done this.

connor

Post by connor » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:52 pm

H2O2 is evil stuff and very aggressive. On the positive side it is also VERY unstable (as a liquid), so just let the plants rest in a bucket of water for a few hours and it should be gone completely.

-Connor
'I ought never to act except in such a way that I can also will that my maxim should become a universal law.'