Clowns for sale N.London

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

fish

Clowns for sale N.London

Post by fish » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:33 pm

Hello people, sadly the day has inevitably come where my clown loaches have out grown thier current accomodation and i'm not in the situation to get them a new tank. The plan was to upgrade to a larger tank but as always time and their growth rate creeps on you. Rather than risk stunting them i'd like to see them going to an owner who knows what they're doing ie. someone from this forum. The specimens in question are 3 around 3inches and 3 around 2inches all in great condition. I really don't want to see these guys go but i have to put their requirements ahead of my wishes. They should be fine for another 6 months or so but i'd love to home them with someone from the forum.

fish

Post by fish » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:14 am

If this isn't appropriate on the forum can someone let me know, not too clued up on forum ettiquette!

Martin Thoene
Location: Toronto.....Actually, I've been on LOL since September 1998

Post by Martin Thoene » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:07 am

We don't really want the place to turn into a for sale and wanted area and certainly commercial selling on here is a no-no. However someone who needs to re-home their fish for a legitimate (and very proper) reason ought to be able to get something for them if they don't want to give them away.
I too would rather see fish that have been well cared for by an owner who has decided to move them on for their well-being be able to sell them to someone from here because they will get cared for properly again.
Just don't expect to get the prices one may see at a retail store for larger specimens.

Martin.
Image Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

JonGuerriero

Post by JonGuerriero » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:09 am

Is there a LFS you could bring the clowns to? They might not give you much, if anything, for store credit, but at least if you trust the LFS you know they will be given an appropriate home.

You get points in my book for being responsible with your fish 8)

fish

Post by fish » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:42 am

The money isn't really an issue although something would be nice, its more finding them a good home. To be honest i don't really trust any of my local fish shops! One of them i'd consider keeps larger clowns in big ground level tanks (sumps?) beneath the smaller display tanks however you don't know what newbie assistant would one day give them to a customer without the correct setup. As i said this isn't an emergency and i still have a couple more months to ponder the problem but anybody in the south herts/north london area who can give them a good home is welcome to the little guys.

fish

Post by fish » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:37 am

just a bump...nobody interested?

shari2

Post by shari2 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:38 am

Sorry fish. :?

This illustrates why it's so important that retailers should give buyers accurate information about the fish they sell. It sounds like you really only want the best for your fish.

I hope someone will chime in. From July 13 to Aug 12 there were 368 visits from the London area. Unless they were all you (8)) there may be someone out there who could help. 'Course, they could be hillstream collective members which would not suit your clowns...
books. gotta love em!
http://www.Apaperbackexchange.com