New pictures with a better camera!

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Felhad

New pictures with a better camera!

Post by Felhad » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:41 pm

Got these using an 8 Megapixel, although the quality still sucks on a lot of them =/ I'll admit, I had no idea how to use the camera, i'm sure there was some close-up setting I had no idea how to use :)

Heres a pic of part of their tank :)

Heres the whole tank, I really hate to have to put it on the ground, but I couldn't fit a stand in here =/

Their hiding cave:

They love to crawl through the holes in this fake Raptor skull I bought on sale at the LFS, and they use the moss as a hammock!

This is not a very good picture, but the left Pectoral on this one seems very small. All of it's other fins, and the 3 other Dojo's fins all look fine. Can it just possibly be a stumpy fin?

Icewall42

Post by Icewall42 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:12 pm

Beautiful loaches! Are they golden dojos? I love Misgurnis Aguillacaudatus (did I spell that right?). I also spy the pictus catfish, they are fun, but painful fish to catch! And the only audibly growling fish I've ever seen. The tanks looks like a lot of fun for those dojos.

I'm guessing the small fin in question is just stumpy. I know sometimes fish will have slight but completely negligible deformities like that that are just due to growth. It's difficult to tell from the shot (no apologies necessary, I totally understand) but that's my assumption.

JonGuerriero

Post by JonGuerriero » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:16 pm

Nice fish. It's all about the macro mode :D

RMau

Post by RMau » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:55 pm

Felhad,

For me the secret was a tripod. No matter what I tried with three different cameras, I didn't get what I thought were clear pictures until I put the camera on a tripod.

In retrospect, this makes sense. The closer you zoom so that you can fill the frame with the fish, the more any shake in the camera is noticed.

Try putting your camera on something solid, and I bet you will get shots that you like a lot.

Rick

Felhad

Post by Felhad » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:36 pm

Thanks a bunch, i'll probably put more pictures up in a few months as these guys grow. They are Golden Dojos Icewall, and they're a lot of fun. The Pictus seems happy too, but he loves to grab their food and run off with it! :lol: They love to sit on the leaves and all over the fake skull, and i'm looking forward to a good long time with these guys.

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:36 am

Very nice!! :D

Icewall42

Post by Icewall42 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:43 am

Awesome! Yeah, a tripod would be a godsend. I have a hard time with my camera(s) too. Dojos, golden or weather, are tons of fun. I had mine tamed to such a point where they would eat of of and lay in my hand, and even suck on my fingers. I'm sure you'll have fun with those guys.

LoachOrgy

Post by LoachOrgy » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:59 am

cool t rex skull!
All your loaches are belong to me!

Felhad

Post by Felhad » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:14 pm

A few of my guys will take food from my hands, but most of them are still pretty timid. I'll get them over that though! :lol:

Whitey_MacLeod

Post by Whitey_MacLeod » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:16 pm

I like the skull- I've just picked up a human one for a shrimp tank I'm setting up. I think I might steal your idea and fill it with moss- it looks great.
Fast and bulbous!