Could someone describe.

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Cabinny00

Could someone describe.

Post by Cabinny00 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:20 pm

Some of the more erratic behaviors seen from their loaches. I am speaking in particular of Yoyos but just want some things to look for esp of Yoyo's and breeding behaviors.

The reason I ask is one of mine is quite plump just ahead of the anal fins and was rubbing its side in the sandy substrate and the one side of the aquarium just a few moments ago. This is something new and I do not know enough with them yet to know if it is a bad behavior and should do water changes or not.

mikev

Post by mikev » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:45 pm

It may be trying to unload the eggs....

This is very interesting, perhaps you could film this if she(?) does this again.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:00 pm

I would be more concerned with a parisite if your fish is scratching. Watch for increased gill activity or redness in the gill area. Fish don't scrape to lay eggs :) If you have substrate pay special attention to cleaning it to remove any eggs and stay way up on water changes to reduce infestation before it actually happens if it is starting as a precaution.Stay vigilant.