jungle anti-parasite

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

lunasmile

jungle anti-parasite

Post by lunasmile » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:36 pm

unfortunately one of my clown loaches seems to have skinny disease, I went to the store and I was trying to find a product with levamisole and the only product that I was able to find was jungle anti-parasite medicated fish food, it has metronidazole 1%, praziquantel 0.5 % and levamisole 0.4 %. has someone hear about this product?

shari

Post by shari » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:23 pm

I haven't tried it myself, but if I remember right someone has used it successfully here...just can't remember who... :oops:

Here is a link to a place in the US you can order powdered levamisole, but from what I know it's best to treat with both a broad spectrum antibiotic as well as the levamisole. CWS seems to be caused by more than simple parasite infection and many successful treatments use a combo of both. For instance I used kanacyn and Discomed (contains levamisole-but is currently discontinued) which worked. Others have treated it successfully with a combination of Maracyn I and II. Hopefully some others will have their own success stories to share. :wink:

http://petsupplies4less.com/sbsite.php? ... C+20.17+gm