Kubotai at Petsmart?

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Barracuda518

Post by Barracuda518 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:32 pm

Im the one from the other forum who was talking about the B. Kubotai from Petsmart. I still have the 3 I bought and they were around 2.5" when I got them and have grown since. I have seen them in the same Petsmart several times since and they have always looked very healthy. They also have very healthy looking Clowns as well.

On a another note, I have seen the B. Kubotai at Wal-Mart as well.

Here are some pictures of the ones I got (sorry about the dirty glass):

Last edited by Barracuda518 on Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

botiaboy

Post by botiaboy » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:59 pm

OOOOHHH Those are so adorable!!!I don't ever see them around here(then again,they don't sell ANYTHING good around here).
My loaches:
5 kubotai
5 almorhae
5 kuhli
5 zebra
1 aborichthys

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:02 pm

More pictures can be seen here on LOL>> http://www.loaches.com/species_pages/bo ... anmar.html

Graeme.

TammyLiz

Post by TammyLiz » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:07 pm

You got those at Walmart? How much did you pay for them?

Araxen

Post by Araxen » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:15 pm

Man, how did you get them to sit still long enough for a pic? Any pics I have gotten of mine is by pure luck.

Barracuda518

Post by Barracuda518 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:19 pm

TammyLiz wrote:You got those at Walmart? How much did you pay for them?
No I didnt buy those from Wal-Mart, those are 2 I got from PetsMart. I saw some at Wal-Mart that were much smaller and not as healthy.

TammyLiz

Post by TammyLiz » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:12 pm

oh, ok. I'm not surprised.

aquarioten.nl

Post by aquarioten.nl » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:31 am

my 8 kubotai are not shy they just hate the camera.

when i have the camera with me they hide when i put the camera on the table and walk back there all there in front of the glass (food food food food please feed us). I walk back for the camera... return and whoosh every single loach is gone....

when they rest/sleep i try and sneak up but there is always one of them that alerts the rest that i'm carrying the doomsdaydevice. And in a split second they are gone...

really strange behaviour since the are so tame they wil eat out of my hand.
Have a fantastic day!

Mark

8* Botia Polkadot & 1* Epalzeorhynchus frenatus

Barracuda518

Post by Barracuda518 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:04 am

aquarioten.nl wrote:my 8 kubotai are not shy they just hate the camera.

when i have the camera with me they hide when i put the camera on the table and walk back there all there in front of the glass (food food food food please feed us). I walk back for the camera... return and whoosh every single loach is gone....

when they rest/sleep i try and sneak up but there is always one of them that alerts the rest that i'm carrying the doomsdaydevice. And in a split second they are gone...

really strange behaviour since the are so tame they wil eat out of my hand.
I have actually been able to get some really good pictures of them, I just havent had time to take them off the camera. Ive found the best way is to put an algae wafer or really any kind of food, and they will sit still, messing with the wafer and watching the other loaches around them.

Wendie

Post by Wendie » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:35 am

I have four currently in the Q tank with a few small clowns, a pleco and a couple darios. They are driving the pleco nuts. They moved in with him. Things will go fine but every now and then I can see the sand flying which means they are annoying him. It's the cutest thing watching their little faces peeking out thru a small hole in the complex.

What puzzles me is that there are 9 caves in the tank but everyone seems to want to pile into the pleco house and there's no room. One is a corner cave with ledges which my Yo Yo's love. I have one in another tank and the clowns and Yo Yo's have staked out their spots.

botiaboy

Post by botiaboy » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:32 pm

Well what do you know?A few days after posting I never see those,I went to a pet store and found 2 adorable little guys,and I got them at a prett good price!I have them in my 55 gallon tank with m 3 clowns and my common pleco.The took to the tank pretty quickly,I should be getting some pictures soon.
My loaches:
5 kubotai
5 almorhae
5 kuhli
5 zebra
1 aborichthys

notoo7

Post by notoo7 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:54 am

I am bumming, none of my local Petsmarts have Sids. So far they have had Clowns (light colored ones, come to think about it, several LFS now carry yellowish than orange Clowns, and they are not sick in fact the LFS's I frequent treat them), Kubatai's and Dojo's.
Clowns Discus Kubotai Yoyo GlassCats Pleco GhostKnife Corys RTBotias Skunks Paradise TBarbs Pleco Schistura TigerBotia Oscars Pacus TinFoils Synodontis Blood Parrots (not in same tank)

www.notOO7.com

poeticpyro

Post by poeticpyro » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:16 pm

i just got three of these little guys and i'm probably going to get two more... toss in a couple of female bettas and the tank is complete!
many tanks...

got to love my fat little wobbly wigglies...

kimura

Post by kimura » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:47 am

after seeing this post i had to check my local petsmart. sure enough that had some really good kubs. there were at least 3 that were over 3" so i had to buy the biggest one. never seen them for sale in my area at this size. kubs are probably my favorite fish with histronicas as a close second. awesome peaceful personality and nearly fearless.