Hiya Folks

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Erik

Hiya Folks

Post by Erik » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:00 am

Been gone a long time.
I have been dealing with some serious family health issues. All is ok now:)
My tanks are not what they were but thanks to craigslist I have gone full auto pressurized co2 now.
I lost a few unfortunately:(
When I get things better I will post some new pics of rainbow& loach tanks.
I have been able to breed my praecox so I am on 2 and 3rd gen now though.
I am excited to get my loach book when it is done as we all are.
What's new with you?

Cheers
Erik
Ps Here's an old pic as a teaser
16G bent corner planted ,pressurized Co2, turbotwist 9w, jebo 828 , 36 led

Martin Thoene
Location: Toronto.....Actually, I've been on LOL since September 1998

Post by Martin Thoene » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:14 am

Mr Ylydestad! Welcome back! 8)

Good to hear that everything's ok now. I've had my own health issues to deal with too, so I feel for you. We'll look forward to you being around again.

Martin.
Image Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:57 am

Welcome back, Erik! Good to see you here again. :D

Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

Mark in Vancouver

Post by Mark in Vancouver » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:39 pm

Hey Erik! Very nice to see you here again. Yes, the second corrections have gone back to the loach book, and it should go to press shortly. Not long now.

Don't be a stranger!
Your vantage point determines what you can see.

crazy loaches

Post by crazy loaches » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:02 am

Hello Erik, those praecox look nice 8) . But I just wanted to give out a warning that many 'bow keepers have noticed that co2 seems to effect them more so than most other fish. Some of the bow gurus have noticed even with very high o2 content that co2 around 30ppm made the fish become overly lethargic compared to non-co2. but many still succesfully keep them, just wanted to throw in those two cents. I've had a couple co2 mishaps and the bows were of the first to pass in such instances (nearly all of them). Most of my loaches were fine (lost a couple). Although I would probably be able to keep them now, since I know better what I am doing, I decided to not keep them again after I lost nearly all of them for a second time. I have been seriously debating about them though.

If by auto you mean your using a pH controller thats great. But dont forget to clean and calibrate the probe often, and make sure your KH is stable, else auto can cause as many problems as manual. I'm hoping to make the switch to a controller on the tank I am setting up right now (my current tank just uses the same timer the lights are on to administer the co2 during daytime).

Looking forward to some pics when things get growing! :D

Erik

Post by Erik » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:08 pm

thanks yes
I have been using co2 for few years now 6-7 2litre bottles so I'm not too worried about my botias and co2.
I am running a azoo regulator and solenoid with a milwaukee ph controller.
I picked a bunch og the ph 4 and 7.01 packets for calibrating as well.
In the past my plants start pearling around 1pm so oxygen has saturated the water by then so I'm not worried.
After 3 years of mixing sugar and yeast for a 70 gallon tank I'm done with that..
Cheers
Erik
crazy loaches wrote:Hello Erik, those praecox look nice 8) . But I just wanted to give out a warning that many 'bow keepers have noticed that co2 seems to effect them more so than most other fish. Some of the bow gurus have noticed even with very high o2 content that co2 around 30ppm made the fish become overly lethargic compared to non-co2. but many still succesfully keep them, just wanted to throw in those two cents. I've had a couple co2 mishaps and the bows were of the first to pass in such instances (nearly all of them). Most of my loaches were fine (lost a couple). Although I would probably be able to keep them now, since I know better what I am doing, I decided to not keep them again after I lost nearly all of them for a second time. I have been seriously debating about them though.

If by auto you mean your using a pH controller thats great. But dont forget to clean and calibrate the probe often, and make sure your KH is stable, else auto can cause as many problems as manual. I'm hoping to make the switch to a controller on the tank I am setting up right now (my current tank just uses the same timer the lights are on to administer the co2 during daytime).

Looking forward to some pics when things get growing! :D

Erik

Thanks All

Post by Erik » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:10 pm

It is good to be obsessed again :)
Thanks for welcome back.
Btw I'm thinking of going to an acrylic tank as a local bcaquaria forum is doing a bulk buy from tenecor.
Anybody any input on loaches and acrylic tanks?

Regards
Erik