One eyed skunk

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Rod

One eyed skunk

Post by Rod » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:33 pm

:( I like the new format.
I have a skunk who only has one eye. It doesnt bother him, but I was interested to see if anyone has heard of anything similar?I have had him fir some time but only just noticed his eye, or lack of one. My tank also ha s seven good size clowns, eight new yo yos which have only just been allowed to be imported to australia. Two spiney nosed eels, bristle noses and a pleco.

Cheers
ROD

Rod

Photo

Post by Rod » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:50 pm

I will try to get a photo. When I get home from work......

Wendie

Post by Wendie » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:01 pm

Years ago I ended up with a one eyed Oscar who lived to the age of 12 when I accidently dropped him. He must have weighed about two pounds at that point. The missing eye never bothered him and I was actually able to train him to jump for his food.

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:43 pm

Hi Rod,

One-eyed or even blind loaches will do absolutely fine. They are so well equipped at locating food, and each other for that matter, and should live a full, happy life. I've got a large Clown that I rescued from someone's small tank, and it has always been blind in one eye. This fish behaves just like any other, and integrated into the shoal without any problems whatsoever.

Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

Rod

Post by Rod » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:22 pm

:lol: SWEET!! Thanks for responding. I forgot how usefull this site was. I used to log on years ago but had since forgotten my password. I am going to the pet shop today to get some Scooters and khuli loaches. I have been very lucky and not had any cases of ich for years but am cautious about the new tankmates.

Thanks again look forward to reading all the info in the future.

Cheers
ROD

stephen

one eye loach

Post by stephen » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:30 am

just a wee reply. i got 3 clows about a year ago and i noticed that 1 off them only had 1 eye it wasnt pecked out or that it looks as if it was born that way but he is my best fish his behavior is so mutch better than the others and he isnt scared of anything. i can even hand feed him flakes. he is the best clown that i have ever seen but i would say that. :wink:
no man is a island unless his name is madargascar