dying loach

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

shane harripaulsingh

dying loach

Post by shane harripaulsingh » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:17 pm

hi i got thi s loach that has been struggling for a few days now been using methylene blue . other fishes seem fine . don t think that it is a ammonia prob . any suggestions???
shane
harripaulsingh

Nikki

Post by Nikki » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:08 am

ok, what kind of loach? what size tank? what filters? how new is the tank? what other fish do you have? what symptoms does the loach have? (ie spots, ragged fins, red sores. etc) have you tested the water lately? what is the ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, pH and KH? how often do you clean the tank and do you use tap water on the filters etc? all these questions need to be answered in order to help pinpoint the issues and prescribe the right treatment course for you. by the way, who told you to use the methylene blue? it's never good to medicate fish if you arent certain what pathogen you are dealing with, it sometimes does more harm than good. In the meantime, do a water change and add carbon to your filter to absorb the meds. then we can start fresh. :)
My tanks

I still miss my husband sometimes...
But my aim is getting better.