Calendar sound notification bug when using MPE

This forum is for all non-fish-related subjects and is un-moderated. Be warned that at times, opinions expressed within are often strongly held and defended. Some may find certain views and language offensive. The opinions expressed are those of the posters and do not represent the opinions of the moderation team or the site owner.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

faisalahmed

Calendar sound notification bug when using MPE

Post by faisalahmed » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:12 am

Hello since,
I have updated to LineageOS (fresh install) on my
Xaomi Redmi note 3
(Kenzo)

I have a bug with the sound notification from the calendar in android.

Here what happen step by step.

Factory reset of the phone & wiping the necessary partitions
installing either LineageOS, SlimRoms (currently running), or OmniRom.
Set a notification ringtone in the calendar apps and set an test event with a reminder inside it.
Put the phone on sleep and wait.
The phone wake-up at the time of reminder time. and the ringtone play.
Delete the test event.
Install the desktop 1.8.8 & client 1.0.41 of MPE
create an event either in outlook or directly in the android calendar app with a reminder.
Put the phone on sleep and wait.
the bug: The phone wake-up for half a second and play the ringtone for half a second and then go back in sleep mode..

First I was thinking it was a bug from Lineage os and I open a ticket https://jira.lineageos.org/browse/BUGBASH-857
but like it's happen with other roms based on Android 7.. the bug come from somewhere else, MPE ??

MajidMaskati

Re: Calendar sound notification bug when using MPE

Post by MajidMaskati » Tue May 07, 2019 4:07 am

Have Your tried master resetting your device? If not then do it. It would be the last step to fix a bug on any device. It happened most of the time after new update of firmware so its nothing to be worried about. Let me know if the problems still occur. I will let you know the secret tips that I tried on my EssaywritingAe website.