Baby Bristles

The place for all discussions not loach-related concerning freshwater fish keeping. All our members keep other fish so you may benefit from their experience.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

starsplitter7

Post by starsplitter7 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:26 pm

I have stepped up my feeding and water chnages. These guys eat a lot of food. I give mine blanched cucumber and algae wafer. In the nursey with the most BN I go through 2 algae wafers a day and I watch carefully. When they run out, I pop in another. I don't wnat them hungry. They also graze on biofilm in the tank. I think they will be ready for more soon.

In my adult tank I have another 20 baby BN, and my skunk loaches should eat the baby BN, but no one bothers them, and I don't see their nummbers going down. The other adult BN do not bother them either. I have a Betta too, and he's been leaving them alone. I try to feed these guys well. It is hard with the adults, but everyone shares the cucumbers. I also tried french cut string beans, but so far no one recognizes that as food. :)

Good luck with your BN. Do you have homes for yours? Look for local aquarium clubs.

bunny12

Post by bunny12 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:51 am

I'm loath to disturb Dad as they're still less than 1cm long. I'll also need ULTRA magnification to get a good picture. I'm looking forward to them emerging into the open, I think it takes about three weeks.

Martin Thoene
Location: Toronto.....Actually, I've been on LOL since September 1998

Post by Martin Thoene » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:47 pm

Meant in the nicest possible way of course.......'cos baby bristles are cute 8)

Martin.
Image Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.