Merry holiday news

The place for all discussions not loach-related concerning freshwater fish keeping. All our members keep other fish so you may benefit from their experience.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

55gal

Merry holiday news

Post by 55gal » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:15 pm

just thought i would post an update on how the tank is doing now that i have had the new tank up for a few months now. it is doing great i am pleased to say.
the fish i have chosen interact great with each other and that combined with the way i set the tank up i see all the fish swimming around almost all of the time.
it is amazing how much time i have spent thinking and planning this hobby.
i started out thinking "shure some fish in a free tank will be cool."
now i have a new pets that i try to understand and interact with.

i still want to add some loaches later (Botia kubotai) and if i do i will set up my 10 gal for the white cloud mtn. minnows so i will not overcroud.
but it is nice having a tank that is not to close to being overloaded with fish because my filter media stayes much cleaner for longer and the water levels stay much better for longer. but those Botia kubotaiaer soooooo cool.

thank everyone here for all the help and thank everyone and this site for the Off-Topic Forum, i love all the photography keep it comming.
6 polkadot loaches, 6 blood fin tetras, 7 white cloud mtn. minnows, 3 gold barbs, 1 flying fox, and 1 pleco munching up my algae. oh yea i am expiermenting with sanils, humm.

FishyLady

Post by FishyLady » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:45 pm

Glad the year has ended well for you!!

Val