Pics of my red and yellow rainbows

The place for all discussions not loach-related concerning freshwater fish keeping. All our members keep other fish so you may benefit from their experience.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

clint

Pics of my red and yellow rainbows

Post by clint » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Here is a pic of my yellow or melanotaenia herbertaxelrodi, growing out in my 20 g

second here is of my red irian or Glossolepis incisus this is a hard fish to get as they are constantly on the move. I have a pair of these still growing in my 90g. They get a good 1" bigger. Hope you all like. I'm a loach/rainbow freak i guess.

Botia Robert

Post by Botia Robert » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:06 pm

They look great.
What conditions such as pH, hardness and temp do you provide for the yellow rainbows?

clint

Post by clint » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:36 am

The same as all my fish, PH around 7.6/7.8 right from the tap, we have naturally hard water, our bedrock is limestone, and thats where all the water comes from. In my area we need water softeners or your pipes will clog with calcium. I keep my tanks right around 79/80 degrees, i just transferred him over from my 20g into the 90g, same conditions i use my 20g as a grow out tank/quarantine sort of setup. I've had him about a month and a half now and hes grown enough to be in with the big fish. He still is smaller then my female boesemani/s, but am sure he'll catch up soon.