Is there Aquatic ADD?

The place for all discussions not loach-related concerning freshwater fish keeping. All our members keep other fish so you may benefit from their experience.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Martin Thoene
Location: Toronto.....Actually, I've been on LOL since September 1998

Is there Aquatic ADD?

Post by Martin Thoene » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:28 pm

AADD?

I previously reported how my friend gave me his Discus because he wanted to buy some larger ones and due to circumstances cannot catch MTS.

http://forums.loaches.com/viewtopic.php?t=20856

This week he decided that he wanted to fulfil a life-long dream and set up a Marine tank, so those Discus had to go. So guess where they came :D

So after work earlier this week I go over to his place and take him to Big Als to buy all the stuff he needs to go Marine. Then we go back to his place and I leave with a bucket 'o' Discus......plus some extras he didn't tell me about :wink:

I now have these 6 which are mainly about 5" TL

The last two laid around 50 eggs on a powerhead today.

Some more pics.

The male of the pair who spawned today. Tube still down.

The "extras" were a small Black Ghost Knife, 3 Lamprologus brichardi. These went in another tank.

Then there was this guy.........

Now I hadn't planned on keeping a Stingray, but when one comes along like this whadda ya gonna do eh? He's the sort of fish that demands a name. I'm avoiding the obvious and christening him Gordon Sumner.

Martin.
Image Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Oldfish

Post by Oldfish » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:11 pm

Everyone needs a friend like yours! Looks like he gave you some great discus.But beware of the stingray.My LFS had two baby rays they could not sell so I made them a offer and took them home.I found them so interesting I bought three more ray and moved them to my 700 gallon tank.Now I have two baby rays in my 150.There is somthing about rays that can take over your fish room so use caution.

wasserscheu

Post by wasserscheu » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:26 am

Congratulations on your new friends, they look fantastic, but you know that 8) great pics.
I've been wondering for a moment about stingrays (Discus too actually), as there was an afordable one around, but did not buy it, as I want to finish all my other projects first. But I was SOOO tempted, I also tried to get smart on their poisening sting, which seems serious also on the one you got. When the sting ray came up to me after I "called" it, I was almost baging it in, please keep us posted on Gordon's personality.
Wolfram

piggy4

Post by piggy4 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:51 am

That could be a problem if the Police decide to reform :wink: :lol:

andyroo

Post by andyroo » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:29 pm

I am utterly embarrassed- it took me a moment to get that...
"I can eat 50 eggs !"

vealboy

Post by vealboy » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:49 am

I really LOL'd at the ray's new name!

That is great you were able to house your friend's former freshwater fauna. Are any of them sharing space with those GN Plecos you got from Wal-mart?