Tanks update. New fish!! Female and male pair?

The place for all discussions not loach-related concerning freshwater fish keeping. All our members keep other fish so you may benefit from their experience.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Angelfish12

Tanks update. New fish!! Female and male pair?

Post by Angelfish12 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:21 pm

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/tank- ... ost1191726

Well I finally got my male! Maybe I can breed them!

(Am i aloud to put a website from another forum on here?? ) :(

palaeodave

Post by palaeodave » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:53 am

I don't think there's a problem linking to other sites as long as you have a reason for doing it (which you do).

Good luck with breeding!
"Science is a lot like sex. Sometimes something useful comes of it, but that’s not the reason we’re doing it" ー R Feynman

Martin Thoene
Location: Toronto.....Actually, I've been on LOL since September 1998

Post by Martin Thoene » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:36 am

(Am i aloud to put a website from another forum on here?? ) :(
No problem with that providing it's of a relevant link that meets posting rules here.

I once had a huge argument with a head Moderator at another site who was fiercely protective of people doing something like this. I told her that such restrictive rules negate the exchange of information which is what makes the internet such a wonderful thing. She wouldn't budge. I was using links to info here at LOL to answer her member's questions rather than write reams to answer the Q.

Any site that seemingly fears that one or more of its members might defect because they find a site that has definitive information on a particular subject just because someone links to it has a serious confidence issue IMO.

It's often the nature of people in this hobby to frequent multiple sites. In fact I recommend it. Get multiple opinions on a given subject and see if there's a concensus of opinion.

Martin.
Image Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Angelfish12

Post by Angelfish12 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:37 am

Thank you :) The males pretty aggresive though, with the danio and swordtails. I hope when I breed them they will both survive.

Angelfish12

Post by Angelfish12 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:02 am

Thank you Martin for answering my question. I didn't want anything bad to happen. :) This is a really great website.