Anyone bought fish online?

The place for all discussions not loach-related concerning freshwater fish keeping. All our members keep other fish so you may benefit from their experience.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Hokum

Anyone bought fish online?

Post by Hokum » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:37 am

I'm looking for gobies (namely Rhinogobius) but I can't find a local stockist willing to get small batches of fish in.

Has anyone bought fish online and had them couriered?

Katy

Post by Katy » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:04 am

We just got another batch from WetSpot, have also ordered from Frank and AquaBid. Latest fish arrived cold, is truly the end of the fish-shipping season for us up here.

Not sure about weather in the UK, but then again Portland, OR to Vermont is further than you are likely to get fish shipped!

arny

Post by arny » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:04 am

i bought kuli loach from ebay 3 years ago and they are still going though i dont think i would do it again the fish were incredibly stressed when they arrived.

afroturf

Post by afroturf » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:15 am

I've brought a few times of the internet, and have never had any arrive dead I think the key is to buy from reputable sellers, who know how to pack them.

I've actually brought some rare Rhinogobius mail order for a well know uk shop and arrived in great condition and settled very quickly, as well as if they were brought locally.

Hokum

Post by Hokum » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:12 am

Hmm the general consensus seems to be, the fish arrived ok but...

Well i'll give it another weekend of widening my search then i may end up mail ordering.