Fishing question/temp and panfish?

The place for all discussions not loach-related concerning freshwater fish keeping. All our members keep other fish so you may benefit from their experience.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

sofia

Fishing question/temp and panfish?

Post by sofia » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:40 pm

I live in the midwest(northern indiana). The weather haqs been 50's during the day and as low as 20's at night for the last few weeks.

Is that to cold for panfish?

I want to take my 6 yearold son fishing on sat. it will be 55 and sunny/ Friday night it will drop down to around 40.

I will be fishing a big river, not a lake or pond, but I might go to one of them as well.

so I guess my real question is do panfish (mostly gill) even care about temp?

Diana

Re: Fishing question/temp and panfish?

Post by Diana » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:31 am

If the fish are still in your area, they are not migratory, then I would think they are not going to be very active if the water is near freezing. Does not mean you won't catch anything, but ask at the local bait shops for the most accurate local fishing news including what bait are the fish responding to.
38 tanks, 2 ponds over 4000 liters of water to keep clean and fresh.

Happy fish keeping!

sorce

Post by sorce » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:03 pm

i would get some fat minnows and fish for northern pike.
Des plaines river is froze over outside chicago.
you will be ice fishing, yes ?
or fat night crawlers if it must be panfish.
good luck!!!
Genetically engineered "glowing fish" disgust me.

Jim Powers

Post by Jim Powers » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:46 am

I have flagged your thread here for a couple of reasons. First of all, this is a fish keeping forum. If you want to post something about fishing, put it in the OFF TOPIC FORUM. Also, I question the validity of your posts all together.
You claim to live in Northern Indiana and say the temperatures have been in the 50F range during the day.Well, I live in Southern Indiana and it hasnt been that warm for weeks until yesterday. You don't have any links in your thread that we find in the usual SPAM, so maybe you are just trying to have fun by messing with people on boards, I don't know.