Pics of my new set up

The place for all discussions not loach-related concerning freshwater fish keeping. All our members keep other fish so you may benefit from their experience.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

kaz

Pics of my new set up

Post by kaz » Sun May 22, 2011 7:32 am

Thank you to peeps who have helped me decide what to do with the new tank set up.

I did not get Denison's barbs in the end, but am building up numbers of all my existing fish - especially the pygmy cories :)

It is however a slow process due to cost. I was disappointed when I went to my local 'fish shop' asking for costs if I were to buy 20+ and not a discount was to be offered - a bit miffed, I proceded to get 2 (!) I had seen in a tank full of neon tetras in a different shop. 2 is most definitely a small increase, but, bit by bit.....

Anyway, Id like to share some pictures of the set up, with customised clearseal hood to accomodate the fluval 405 external filter. :)

Hope you like... I will try and take some fish pics soon and post those up as well.

pics are a bit chopped?! bit short on the right hand side :? - but hopefully you get the idea? :)
Kaz

yulai1006

Re: Pics of my new set up

Post by yulai1006 » Sun May 22, 2011 7:38 am

very nice fish tank, i also like Danio very much.
could you tell me how to upload pictures? thank you very much

kaz

Post by kaz » Mon May 23, 2011 6:12 pm

Hope these come out ok, I think Photobucket is cropping them off on the rhs :(

Thanks for looking!

Kaz

cider

Post by cider » Wed May 25, 2011 2:21 am

beautiful tank and fish collection, they look very happy ! also, love the wood - awesome scape!
G
cider

kaz

Post by kaz » Wed May 25, 2011 5:18 pm

cider wrote:beautiful tank and fish collection, they look very happy ! also, love the wood - awesome scape!
G
Thank you very much :)
Shame, the pics did originally come out very well, but once processed through photobucket. it has not done them justice :(

Thank you though. Lovely to have some feedback.
I am very pleased with my fish - they are soo much happier in the 4ft tank - it was noticeable immediately! :D

Kaz

palaeodave

Post by palaeodave » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:05 pm

Hey Kaz. You've done a really beautiful job of that tank. It is stunning.
"Science is a lot like sex. Sometimes something useful comes of it, but that’s not the reason we’re doing it" ー R Feynman