My Chinese freshwater fishes

The place for all discussions not loach-related concerning freshwater fish keeping. All our members keep other fish so you may benefit from their experience.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

yulai1006

My Chinese freshwater fishes

Post by yulai1006 » Mon May 23, 2011 9:47 am

i am a Chinese ,and these are fishes i am keeping. these are Chinese local fishes. some are bought but some were collected by myself.
my skill of taking pics is so terrible, :( and camera is not good.
left to right:Sarcocheilichys parvus, Traccatichthys pulcher and Parabotia fasciata
up:Rhodeus sinensis down:Acheilognathus tonkinensis right:Capoeta semifasciolata and Sarcocheilichys parvus
Paracobitis potanini,Sarcocheilichthys sinensis and Traccatichthys pulcher
Rhodeus suigensis and Acrossocheilus fasciatus
Devario sp. and Phoxinus sp., maybe Phoxinus lagowskii
Cobitis sinensis
Sarcocheilichthys sinensis
Traccatichthys pulcher
Cobitis rarus

Jim Powers

Re: My Chinese freshwater fishes

Post by Jim Powers » Mon May 23, 2011 1:41 pm

Thanks for sharing the pictures!!
Its always interesting to see fish from China. Please keep posting!!
I have Parabotia fasciata, Beaufortia sp., as well as Sinogastromyzon Wui but have had several other Chinese species such as Rhinogobius wui, three species of Pseudogastromyzon and Liniparhomaloptera disparis.

plaalye

Post by plaalye » Mon May 23, 2011 6:08 pm

Love your fish Yulai! There are more beautiful fish in China than I imagined.

yulai1006

Post by yulai1006 » Tue May 24, 2011 1:55 am

Jim Powers wrote:Thanks for sharing the pictures!!
Its always interesting to see fish from China. Please keep posting!!
I have Parabotia fasciata, Beaufortia sp., as well as Sinogastromyzon Wui but have had several other Chinese species such as Rhinogobius wui, three species of Pseudogastromyzon and Liniparhomaloptera disparis.
thanks,i have a Pseudogastromyzon fangi also,but it's hard to photograph it. I think you love loach very much.
And where are you from..?

yulai1006

Post by yulai1006 » Tue May 24, 2011 2:02 am

plaalye wrote:Love your fish Yulai! There are more beautiful fish in China than I imagined.
Thank you. There're so many wonderful fishes in China ,but many of them are not well-known.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 24, 2011 3:36 am

Very nice! Is the Devario also from China?

piggy4

Post by piggy4 » Tue May 24, 2011 3:58 pm

What a treat ! thanks for sharing Yulai . :)

yulai1006

Post by yulai1006 » Wed May 25, 2011 10:59 am

Matt wrote:Very nice! Is the Devario also from China?
Yes, but i can't identify it clearly. Maybe it is Danio aequipinnatus ,from Yunnan Province.

yulai1006

Post by yulai1006 » Wed May 25, 2011 11:02 am

piggy4 wrote:What a treat ! thanks for sharing Yulai . :)
Thanks for your priase, and i will share more Chinese fishes in the future.

starsplitter7

Post by starsplitter7 » Mon May 30, 2011 9:25 am

Thank you so much for sharing your amazing fish with us. Many I have never seen before. They are beautiful and interesting. Could you tell us which ones you have collected? Please continue posting for us.

Odyssey in Japan also posts local fish and they are incredible. A real treat for us to see.

I am in Florida (USA) and the next time I go collecting I will try to take pictures so I can share some of our wild fish with you. We have no loaches. :( But we do have some nice darters and killies. And because many local fish farms are nearby, the farms flood when we have bad storms and our rivers have lots of non-native fish. Not good for the environment, but we do find some interesting fish.

yulai1006

Post by yulai1006 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:20 pm

starsplitter7 wrote:Thank you so much for sharing your amazing fish with us. Many I have never seen before. They are beautiful and interesting. Could you tell us which ones you have collected? Please continue posting for us.

Odyssey in Japan also posts local fish and they are incredible. A real treat for us to see.

I am in Florida (USA) and the next time I go collecting I will try to take pictures so I can share some of our wild fish with you. We have no loaches. :( But we do have some nice darters and killies. And because many local fish farms are nearby, the farms flood when we have bad storms and our rivers have lots of non-native fish. Not good for the environment, but we do find some interesting fish.
I have two Cyprinella lutrensis in my tank , their wonderful American fish! We call them Rianbow elf.And darters are incredible, strange and seductive fishes.

You said you wanna know what fishes are collected by myself. Some are collected, for example, Rhodeus atremius suigensis,Sinibrama macrops ,Cobitis sinensis ,Rhodeus ocellatus ,Rhodeus sinensis ,these are fishes in my hometown.
And some other fishes are bought in agricultural market, like Sarcocheilichthys sinensis sinensis are found in our local market. But Sarcocheilichys parvus,Leptobotia pellegrini ,Microphysogobio tafangensis,Acrossocheilus labiatus,Opsariichthys evolans are bought in a town market in ZheJiang Province.
And rest are brought from fish shop or internet or given by friends, but they all our Chinese local fishes,i'm sure.

yulai1006

Post by yulai1006 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:39 am

Continuing to share my fishes with you,
Botia superciliaris, are given by friend from SiChuan Province, what a beautiful fish. the pic shows frightened condition when it was caught, so its colour faded. It's very nice when it shows normal colour in gold alternating with black stripes.
Last edited by yulai1006 on Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

yulai1006

Post by yulai1006 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:55 am

Acrossocheilus labiatus and Pseudogastromyzon fangi , Acrossocheilus labiatus are collected in ZheJiang Province,
Sarcocheilichys parvus and Rhodeus atremius suigensis
Microphysogobio tafangensis,these fish is my greatest gains from ZheJiang, what a wonderful fish. I heard of this kinda fish is difficult to keep for they cannot bear with low oxygen in water.
Last edited by yulai1006 on Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

yulai1006

Post by yulai1006 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:02 am

Opsariichthys evolans, this fish is delicate i think, easy to get hurt and die. I brought 6 adult come home but just 3 exist. Then one died the secone day because of wound... :(
It's too fast, I can't take his pics clearly ...sorry
Last edited by yulai1006 on Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

yulai1006

Post by yulai1006 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:06 am

Vanmanenia stenosoma chekianensis, very lovely ... :D
a huge sized Sarcocheilichys parvus ...I never seen Sarcocheilichys parvus of this size, about 10 cm.
Last edited by yulai1006 on Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.