anyone know what i will kneed to make a DIY tank

The place for all discussions not loach-related concerning freshwater fish keeping. All our members keep other fish so you may benefit from their experience.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

jordan

anyone know what i will kneed to make a DIY tank

Post by jordan » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:53 pm

hi does anyone know what i would kneed to make a fish tank im wanting to make a 8ft L 2ft W and 3ft deep maybe a bit deeper not shure yet on that part

KittyKat

Re: anyone know what i will kneed to make a DIY tank

Post by KittyKat » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:46 am

That depends on what you want to make it out of :) but the best answer, regardless of what you go for, is good quality materials and a sturdy floor. You're talking about something that weighs almost 1.5 tonnes, and at least I wouldn't want that all over my floor!
Kat
stock list | main display tank | 60 litre cycle log (ex- guide for beginners) | Flickr

jordan

Re: anyone know what i will kneed to make a DIY tank

Post by jordan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:01 am

KittyKat wrote:That depends on what you want to make it out of :) but the best answer, regardless of what you go for, is good quality materials and a sturdy floor. You're talking about something that weighs almost 1.5 tonnes, and at least I wouldn't want that all over my floor!
i know lol im goin to make the stand for it first goin to use some hard stuff so its strong engough for the waight of the tank