Dojo with a white "ring" around it

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

JWhipple

Dojo with a white "ring" around it

Post by JWhipple » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:43 pm

Can anyone identify what this is on my dojo? This white ring goes all the way around the fish.

Water has been tested and partially changed but this won't go away.

Suggestions for treatment?

Thank you!

-- Light is faster than sound... Perhaps that explains why some people appear to be intelligent - until we hear them speak!

Laura

Post by Laura » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:13 am

Could she have gotten stuck in a decoration? Ours are in my son's tank and he had a skull in there - we took out the skull when she nearly got stuck in the eye hole.

JWhipple

Post by JWhipple » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:44 am

I guess that's possible, but I would think that one of the other dojos would have gotten stuck in the past. I've got one in there that's about 9 inches long and very thick - this one in the photos is only about 6 inches long.
-- Light is faster than sound... Perhaps that explains why some people appear to be intelligent - until we hear them speak!

JWhipple

Post by JWhipple » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:59 am

Well, his time on this earth expired last night. I couldn't find any way to save him - I just woke up this morning and found him laying on the bottom of the tank upside down and not breathing.

Poor thing :-(

Laura

Post by Laura » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:40 pm

Sorry to hear that - I don't like to lose fish :(