How skinny is skinny?

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Sophia

How skinny is skinny?

Post by Sophia » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:30 pm

Hello, I have had 5 dwarf chain loaches for a few months, and just wondering, when you refer to a skinny loach, how skinny is skinny?
Of the 5, 3 are fat and slug shaped, 2 are more snake like in thickness. Is that simply the difference between a male and female or might the skinny ones have worms?
Is hard to get a clear photo as you know, but in this one Mr Skinny (the skinniest) is the one looking at the camera on the right. Left to right there are 3 fatties and the one next to Mr Skinny has the same body shape but a little thicker.

in this one Mr Skinny is on the left, biggest fatty in the middle and smaller fatty on the right

thanks

Sophia

Re: How skinny is skinny?

Post by Sophia » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:48 pm

I treated the skinny fish with levamisole on Saturday and he died yesterday.

fain

Post by fain » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:03 pm

I'm sorry for your loss. :(
Are the other loaches still well and plump at least?

Sophia

Post by Sophia » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:04 am

There are 4 left - 3 are plump like little fat slugs and eat like pigs. The other one was nearly as skinny as Mr Skinny before he went downhill but last week he seemed to start filling out a bit more. I have given them a dose of levamisole this afternoon to see if that aids in any way.