Cloudy eye

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Tinman

Cloudy eye

Post by Tinman » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:41 pm

I just purchased two what I belive to be Schistura obeini today... :D Wahoooo :D .... but one has a cloudy eye upon further inspection. Shall I treat this with something or is this a lack of flow or water quality issue which will right itself in my system as the parameters are better than at the LFS I purchased this from ???? :D or could this be an injury from being housed together?

Diana

Post by Diana » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:44 pm

I would keep an eye on it, and hope that the improved conditions will help. There are several things it could be, and all will be better for moving the fish from the store water to your tank.
38 tanks, 2 ponds over 4000 liters of water to keep clean and fresh.

Happy fish keeping!

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:36 pm

Good old clean water works wonders!! My Schistura obeini are grumpy chaps and aquarium space is advised.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:00 pm

Thanks ,

I have them in a QT and will be moving both into a 150 after some time ....or should each be in its own tank ? or should I find a couple more to stop or share the scuffles should(or when) they arise? This tank has a 4' x 30" footprint that I first pictured them housed together in permanently

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:06 pm

Loach currency is variable, Tinman. I'm pretty sure i have a bunch of males and...you know the rest. Monitor them. You may have male and female. It shouldn't be a problem for more in 150.