Thin clownloach after ich

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

tender

Thin clownloach after ich

Post by tender » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:09 pm

Hi!
I`m from Norway and I`m new on this great forum!
I have 5 clowns in my tank and two of them of course developed ich. This is now cured, and none of the other inhabitants got the parasite :D
However, one of the clowns is really skinny and doesn`t seem to gain much weight. The interesting thing (to me) is that it behaves and eats just like the others, and also has the strongest colour of them all. Anyone who has an idea as to why?

(I`m sorry if this question has been posted before, but Im new to the forum and haven`t learned how to find my way around properly yet, and I`m a bit keen to find out about this as soon as possible in case I need to take some measures fast)

starsplitter7

Re: Thin clownloach after ich

Post by starsplitter7 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:44 pm

tender wrote:Hi!
I`m from Norway and I`m new on this great forum!
I have 5 clowns in my tank and two of them of course developed ich. This is now cured, and none of the other inhabitants got the parasite :D
However, one of the clowns is really skinny and doesn`t seem to gain much weight. The interesting thing (to me) is that it behaves and eats just like the others, and also has the strongest colour of them all. Anyone who has an idea as to why?

(I`m sorry if this question has been posted before, but Im new to the forum and haven`t learned how to find my way around properly yet, and I`m a bit keen to find out about this as soon as possible in case I need to take some measures fast)
Hi there,

Welcome to LOL. Could you post a picture of your Clowns and their tank? That will help people figure out what is wrong. I am relatively new, but it sounds like internal parasites, which is pretty common. I have a little clown I am treating right now for parasites. I have had him for 3+ months and he hasn't grown. He eats all the time, and is active and beautiful, but very thin.

Here's my recent thread and people's recommendations.
http://forums.loaches.com/viewtopic.php ... lown+loach
I am not saying you have the same problem, but look at my clown and see if he looks like yours. The site can be a little difficult to navigate when searching for old topics, and all of us beginners have asked the same questions. Luckily the old timers are very patient. :) This is the nicest site. :)

Good luck. Post some pictures. Tanja

tender

Post by tender » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:55 pm

Thanks for the reply!
Then a REALLY silly question; How do I post pics on the forum??
I know how to do it "over here" on other forums, but cant quite figure out how to do it here :roll:

(Sorry for the stupid questions)

starsplitter7

Pictures

Post by starsplitter7 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:16 pm

It took me a while to figure out how to post the pictures, and people were very helpful. I will try to help you.

First you need to upload your pictures to an online photo hosting site like photobucket.com

You write your message and then copy the image tag to your post. For example in my post the picture had the tag:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff31 ... 040378.jpg

Then before the http: you need to type Image -- don't forget the /.

Then click on preview at the bottom before you submit to make sure the picture shows up. If it doesn't, make sure you have Image. If you click *quote* on my message you will see the correct tag where my picture is.

I hope I didn't confuse you more. Tanja.

tender

Post by tender » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:42 pm

Thanks!!
I`ll give it a shot!!!