fin rot

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Linda

fin rot

Post by Linda » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:40 pm

What's the best way to deal with fin rot? :idea:

starsplitter7

Post by starsplitter7 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:12 pm

Hi,

Could you give more info? Where do you live (determines meds available.) What kind of fish? How did it get fin rot? What are your tank readings? Do you have a Q- tank? (Antibiotics will kill your bio filter. You don't want to cycle your main tank again.)

I had a dragon goby get injured and severe fin rot as a result. I treated with Maracyn I and II following the instructions, and it worked like a charm. :) Very healthy, fully finned Dragon Goby. Took about a week to treat and a month to regrow the fins.

Good luck! :)

JWhipple

Post by JWhipple » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:13 pm

I strongly recommend Melafix! I had a bout of fin rot with some new angelfish that I bought for my wife's new 46 bowfront - moved them to a Q tank and melafixed em :-) Problem gone!
-- Light is faster than sound... Perhaps that explains why some people appear to be intelligent - until we hear them speak!

JWhipple

Post by JWhipple » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:59 am

Linda, how's the problem coming along?
-- Light is faster than sound... Perhaps that explains why some people appear to be intelligent - until we hear them speak!