Recurring non-lethal blister bursting problem - pictures

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

jwyfk

Recurring non-lethal blister bursting problem - pictures

Post by jwyfk » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:11 pm

I made this post back in October:

http://forums.loaches.com/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

These blisters grow, burst, then heal. I finally managed to get some pictures of one of these wounds. It always appears in the same area. The fish flashes, looks slightly skinny compared to other Kubotais of similar age, but otherwise seems healthy. The whole tank was just dosed with Levamisole, and now Jungle Fungus Eliminator. Has anyone ever seen this before?

chefkeith

Post by chefkeith » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:57 pm

I'm not sure what could cause it. It could just be something that isn't healing properly. Have you tried quarantining it yet? It would need to be in a q-tank that has no rocks or substrate that it can rub against. Just give it a small cave and give it about 4-6 weeks to heal.

A treatment of Melafix might help heal the wound. A treatment of Prazipro afterwords might help eliminate any internal parasites also. Levamisole only treats for round worms. Prazi treats the flatworms.

jwyfk

Post by jwyfk » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:55 pm

It definitely heals up, and that's what is so frustrating. My quarantine tank is filled with new fish right now, but I agree that he should be treated separately, if possible. However, do you normally recommend "cleaning out" fish with both Levamisole AND Prazipro? I really didn't have a reason to treat with Levamisole, other than as a precaution. It sounded harmless, but my fish hated it, and still haven't gotten back to normal. Would there be any problem if I treated the whole tank with Prazi?

chefkeith

Post by chefkeith » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:42 pm

I wouldn't treat the main tank with Prazipro unless you have had a few unsolved problems with sick or emaciated fish.

Prazipro is expensive, so I wouldn't waste it unless it was totally necessary.

jwyfk

Post by jwyfk » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:22 pm

Sounds good. I appreciate your help, thank you!

cybermeez

Post by cybermeez » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:45 pm

Could he be injuring himself on something sharp? And since it's always in the same place perhaps the sharp spot is where he sleeps? Just a thought.
My best friend is a cat.

jwyfk

Post by jwyfk » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:54 pm

What you see in the pictures is the wound after a pimple burst. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of it. I was lucky to get these pictures. He's been hiding for quite some time, and I thought he died, just like a couple of months ago, but he reappeared this evening. I wish I knew what it was. I've never had any luck with fish medications. :cry:

mamuceso

Re: Recurring non-lethal blister bursting problem - pictures

Post by mamuceso » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:08 am

A forum has been done for the inclusion of the pieces of the scripts for the students. Yes, there has been enough room for the use of the writing for all individuals. The aspiration of the man is fixed for the use of the tools or the humans in life.