Shy loach?

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

millsn

Shy loach?

Post by millsn » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:05 pm

I bought two new clowns. One died. this was followed by another death of a resident clown (one was a new fish that retrospectively obviously has some sort of underlying condition, one was one of my older fish that had been through skinny disease but never put the weight back on). Now I have only two clowns and one silver shark in a 36 gallon tank. Now I know this is too few but I think maybe I should allow time for "things" to settle before embarking on adding new fish.

That said I know this isn't ideal for this fish. The last resident clown seems very happy, the new one doesn't like to come out in the day now, he only comes out at lights out. I don't think the tank's especially bright with a single Interpet 38W 42" tube. I have only two Java fern plants.

I've tested the water, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 20ppm, pH 7 which is the same as the tap water round here.

Is the new fish unwell or simply disturbed by the deaths/mysterious disappearance of two of his friends, he looks ok from what I can see of him although when he does lie down for the night he does so often underneath the larger clown! and they wriggle together.

millsn

Post by millsn » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:44 pm

I have a 5 loach tank now & lots of daylight activity

manicrabbit

Post by manicrabbit » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:49 am

great to hear that your loach is feeling upbeat now...
Dentist Inglewood | Dental Inglewood