JUNGLE: POND Anti Parasite medicated fish food against skiny

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

fhm_usa

JUNGLE: POND Anti Parasite medicated fish food against skiny

Post by fhm_usa » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:41 pm

Has anyone tried to use JUNGLE: POND Anti Parasite fish food...against skinny disease? if yes did it work?

plaalye

Post by plaalye » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:32 pm

I don't remember "pond" being in the name, but i tried their antiparasite medicated food. My fish wouldn't eat it at all!

Diana

Post by Diana » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:24 pm

I have used these (Pond versions of anti parasite and antibiotic). the pieces are very large, OK for the larger aquarium fish, and certainly Koi and Golds. Small fish, young loaches will need the pellets broken up. Easy enough, with mortar and pestal, or a hammer. The pellets are very hard.

My fish are not fond of them. I added dried garlic (granulated, I think) to the jar, so that as it sits on the shelf it is picking up some garlic flavor. Even this is not enough, though it helps a bit.
Real, fresh garlic is better. Mince or crush the garlic and put enough pellets in there for 1 feeding and let them sit for a few minutes. Then feed. It is OK to feed some of the minced garlic, too.
38 tanks, 2 ponds over 4000 liters of water to keep clean and fresh.

Happy fish keeping!

plaalye

Post by plaalye » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:17 am

I've had good results treating camallanus worms with fenbendazole, bought safe-guard canine wormer. I just dissolved a pinch of the white powder in warm water, then added frozen bloodworms, Put in the fridge for an hour or two then fed them. Fish gobbled them up and the worms were gone after a week or so of this treatment. This should work for any internal parasites.

fhm_usa

Post by fhm_usa » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:47 am

Diana wrote:I have used these (Pond versions of anti parasite and antibiotic). the pieces are very large, OK for the larger aquarium fish, and certainly Koi and Golds. Small fish, young loaches will need the pellets broken up. Easy enough, with mortar and pestal, or a hammer. The pellets are very hard.

My fish are not fond of them. I added dried garlic (granulated, I think) to the jar, so that as it sits on the shelf it is picking up some garlic flavor. Even this is not enough, though it helps a bit.
Real, fresh garlic is better. Mince or crush the garlic and put enough pellets in there for 1 feeding and let them sit for a few minutes. Then feed. It is OK to feed some of the minced garlic, too.
My fish don't have a problem with this food they eat it ....anyway I had to crush them so they sink and to be easily munch on by my CL's.

fhm_usa

Post by fhm_usa » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:48 am

plaalye wrote:I've had good results treating camallanus worms with fenbendazole, bought safe-guard canine wormer. I just dissolved a pinch of the white powder in warm water, then added frozen bloodworms, Put in the fridge for an hour or two then fed them. Fish gobbled them up and the worms were gone after a week or so of this treatment. This should work for any internal parasites.
This is a good idea on doing it too.