Coydoras

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

turtleguy146

Coydoras

Post by turtleguy146 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:30 pm

Hello everyone, I have several coys, and about a month ago i noticed that one of the younger ones had lost its barbels. I at first thought it must have been the result of a fight, but a few days later i noticed some trailing, loose skin around the edges of his mouth and it looked like his mouth was receding. I assumed this was some sort of mouth fungus, and the meds I got from a local fish store seemed to have stopped the mouth rot. There is now a little bit of swollen scar tissue where his mouth used to be, but at least it is growing out instead of falling off.

My only problem is that now he seems to have some kind of seizures. He will be eating and suddenly freeze. it is like he is dead, just floating around limp. Then suddenly he will spring back to life and jerk around like he has an electric current running down his body and then return to normal. Any ideas? Thanks, Gabriel

IlOutfitter

Post by IlOutfitter » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:51 pm

No ideas at all, how often does he go lethargic and float around? seizures are alot more then going limp and floating. does it only happen when he eats?

turtleguy146

Post by turtleguy146 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:00 am

I have seen him do it once when he was not eating. Once he regains consciousness he always jerks around. It is very strange.

turtleguy146

Post by turtleguy146 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:03 am

He could easily be doing it more often than I know of. There are plenty of days when the only times I get to watch my fish are when I am feeding them or turning on and off the lights.