Sewelia and Easy Carbo/Excel dosing

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Dusko

Sewelia and Easy Carbo/Excel dosing

Post by Dusko » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:08 pm

Hallo frinds,

I am to start building a lightly planted tank for Sewelia lineolata, so wonder if they are sensitive to the fertiliser called Excel or Easy Carbo (organic Carbon source for plants, instead of CO2).

This source will make plants happy but there will be not much algae because of this, so I wonder yet again should I simply skip this bottle.

Do you guys and gals use any sort of plant fertiliser in Sewelia tanks? And if did you notice any issues?

KInd regards, Dusko

Dusko

Post by Dusko » Wed May 19, 2010 11:16 am

Hi all,

short after I posted this Q I introduced 3 Sewelias into one of my established 180 litres planted tank where I dose daily Easy Carbo (carbon source) and trace elements in form of Pro Fito and once every second week Tropica N&P for NO3 and PO4.

So far I see no signs of stress. The Swellias are feeding normaly and interacting normaly. Their coloration is bright with a nice contrast.

SIDE NOTE! This aquarium has only one filter which is 600 l/h and an air-stone pump. No strong current.

I will try and update this thread acordingly.

Kind regards, Dusko

JonasBygdemo

Post by JonasBygdemo » Wed May 19, 2010 11:48 am

Härligt att det finns fler svenskar här! :D

We haven't had any trouble at all with our Sewellia and Easy Carbo and ProFito. Not even at max-dosage of Easy Carbo.

Jim Powers

Post by Jim Powers » Wed May 19, 2010 4:04 pm

I have been using Excel for as long as I have had my Sewellia (almost 4 years) with no problems.