Eyeless Yoyo

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

28galfresh

Eyeless Yoyo

Post by 28galfresh » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:06 pm

I have a 3" Yoyo that I have had for 4-5 months and always thought it was odd that I really couldn't see the eyes. It doesn't sit still for more than a second or two so that doesn't help. I looked at some pics of Yoyos online and you can see the eyes very easily. I've come to the conclusion my yoyo is completely eyeless :shock: . Has anyone else come across this?

Thanks

zenins

Post by zenins » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:56 am

Sounds interesting ... do you have a photo you can post ?

I have a Dario Loach that someone gave me a couple of years ago because it got eye infections that damaged them and I think it is blind now.
It has no problems finding food and surviving :)

I will try to take a photo and post on the weekend ... yay Canada Day weekend !
Zenin

zenins

Post by zenins » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:51 pm

Well here are some poor photos of my blind Dario loach, please excuse the scratched glass, it is a very old Rift Lake African tank that I bought second hand and it has seen a lot of use and a lot of rocks ;)

This loach was in another smaller sand bottom tank until a couple of weeks ago.
I was catching some mainganos from that grow out tank and I scooped this fellow as well, did not see him in the net and into the big African tank he went :oops:
I would not be able to catch him in that tank, so he has made himself right at home there :)
Zenin