Was it infection or parasite?

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:00 pm

Was it infection or parasite?

Post by Jormungandr » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:08 pm

My 3 year old dojo loach died. I noticed he was floating near the top of the tank yesterday. On examination, I noticed a green bulge on his side. I thought it was an infection and purchased antibiotics. However, before I could use them, I found him at the bottom of the tank dead. :cry: When I took him out, I noticed an open wound on his belly. It can't help him now, but was his death the result of a wound infection or does my tank have parasites?

User avatar
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:43 am
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: Was it infection or parasite?

Post by ahmandi2 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:51 pm

Wow that's horrible. I'm sorry for your loss :(. I don't have a clue what it could be, but I know that the symptoms you describe have been around on this forum in the past year or so; somewhat frequently.
Keep asking; there are some real experts on this forum, and they are so helpful with their knowledge.
Once again, I'm sorry about your dojo :(. It's so hard to lose one of those little guys....
"I'm not *THAT* kind of hunter"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests