Wasting?

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

FAILED

Wasting?

Post by FAILED » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:01 am

One of my tanks is recovering from a crash due to changing of a filter. From this I've lost a bunch of fish :cry: and now have noticed one of my archers breathing kind of hard and not interested in any food I feed them. Checked my water and params are pretty good but could be better. But I was wondering about treating it in a QT with furan2? Or is there something better to treat with? Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

FAILED

Re: Wasting?

Post by FAILED » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:19 am

Nobody had any experience with furan2?? Or something besides furan2 for I'm thinking some kind of infection in the gills. But on the upside it does not seem to be breathing as hard as it was the other day but, still has no interest in any form of food I offer.

UVvis

Post by UVvis » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:30 am

What does "pretty good but could be better" mean?

How are your nitrites and how much salt do you add to the tank?

FAILED

Post by FAILED » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:24 am

Just checked it and my nitrates are 20ppm amm 0 nitrites 0 lower than the last time I did WC and going more each time. I don't add salt to my tank... Archers are toxotes blythli(sp.?) so yeah I'm really concerned about that one guy.