Pimple on a Clown's mouth

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Shadowsong

Pimple on a Clown's mouth

Post by Shadowsong » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:31 pm

My biggest loach has something like a pimple on her mouth. I think it started about two months ago as a reddish spot. At first I though she just fought with another loach and only observed the spot for infection. For a while nothing happened, so I let her be. Recently I noticed she has this pink lump in the same place the reddish spot was. It doesn't seem to bother her, as she is as hungry and as dominant as ever. Is it something I should be concerned with?

Here is the best picture of her I managed to get:

DainBramage1991

Re: Pimple on a Clown's mouth

Post by DainBramage1991 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:24 am

It could be a cyst (pimple), but to me it looks more like a growth of some sort.

Definitely something to keep an eye on, but I'm not sure what you could do to treat it.

mazilee

Post by mazilee » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:09 am

I'm not sure about the reason for this. How is he right now ?

joeybab3

Post by joeybab3 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:01 am

Shadowsong wrote:My biggest loach has something like a pimple on her mouth. I think it started about two months ago as a reddish spot. At first I though she just fought with another loach and only observed the spot for infection. For a while nothing happened, so I let her be. Recently I noticed she has this pink lump in the same place the reddish spot was. It doesn't seem to bother her, as she is as hungry and as dominant as ever. Is it something I should be concerned with?

Here is the best picture of her I managed to get:
Not sure what to say about this... but if he's fine than you dont have to worry about it too much(Unless it begins to grow really big). I have only one thing to say... that is a giant loach :D
______________________________________________________________________________________
60 gallon All loach tank
20g salt
10g goldfish
http://loachcam.joeybabcock.me