Type of fish that are affected (common name and latin name if possible - common names vary worldwide, latin names don't!).
Clown Loach - Chromobotia macracanthus
* How long has the tank been set up for?
* Size of tank (dimensions and volume).
* How is the tank being filtered?
2 power filters rated for 60 gallons each
* Water temperature.
* Your maintenance regime (e.g. how often water changes are carried out, what percentage of the water is changed each time, how often you clean your filter/s and how do you do this?)
20% weekly water change
filter pads replaced alternate weeks
* Has anything new been added to the tank recently? (fish, plants, live food, decor etc).
* What other fish are in the tank?
20 small tetras, 6 small rams, 8 clown loaches
* As detailed a description as possible of the symptoms the fish are exhibiting (remember a photograph can speak a thousand words).
* How long ago the affected fish were added to the tank, and how long the fish have been displaying symptoms.
Fish is about 4 years old, about 3 inches, eats and behaves normal
Caudal fin issue has been existent for about a year, does not appear to get better/worse
All other fish are healthy/behave normally
* Your current water parameters - ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH (please don't say 'my water is fine, the levels are ok', we would like actual numbers from the test results).
I actually don't have any test kits (being honest)
Happy fish keeping!
I'll try going to two 25% water changes weekly to see if it helps.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests