OBESE Yoyo!

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

MandaMunky

OBESE Yoyo!

Post by MandaMunky » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:34 pm

WTH!? He's such a little food mongrel! He gets to the food first & eats as much as he can & holy cow the others are lucky if they get any. LOL! He's super healthy, has absolutely NO issues, but I'm figuring that this can't actually be all that healthy, right? So, what can I do?

If I feed less then chances are I'll have other fish who just don't get to eat at all. If I separate him he'll be sad & lonely & that's rotten. However, what are my other options? Just to let him be...? This guy is about 3-3.5" & I've had him for a year or more.

I've posted a couple of photos below (I still can't figure out why the right side of each photo is being cropped off?)

Thanks,
Amanda

PS - VERY EXCITING NEWS! I also just inherited 3 baby yoyos from a close friend!! They're sitting in QT with my other baby clown & several tetras & hopefully once I fatten them up a little they can all be moved over into my big tank. Then I'll have 5 clowns & 4 Yoyos, plus various Tetras & a bushy nose pleco. I've read here that many people have had issues with housing these two Botia species together, but I'm going to give it a try & if it's unsuccessful then I plan on separating the Yoyos into a tank of their very own.

Fishee

Re: OBESE Yoyo!

Post by Fishee » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:12 am

Hi MandyMunkey, I have 4 yoyo loaches, 9 clown loaches and 20 kuhli loaches in my big tank. My yoyo loachs are all obese!!! The clown, yoyo and [most of my] loaches have been together for 3-4 years. I have had no problems with them all getting along. Mindst you they have doubled their length in that time. They were very young when I got them.

I have Mongolian wood all over my tank and plenty of ceramic logs covered in various types of moss. Lots of places to hide. I will try & get a pic.

MandaMunky

Re: OBESE Yoyo!

Post by MandaMunky » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:58 pm

OMGoodness!! Your tank sounds AMAZING & I would absolutely love to see a picture of it!

I'm so anxious to get some wood & moss into my tank, but I've been so paranoid to pull the trigger because I don't want to bring in any disease - especially ICH!

I'm thinking that I might go ahead & order some from the guy who I've been following on YouTube (http://dustinsfishtanks.com/). He grows ALL kinds of different plants & things in his own backyard & in a FISH FREE environment. There's a minimum purchase price, but I think it's okay because I'll probably need to spend that much to make my tank look nice anyway. =)

However, where's a good place to get wood?