Loaches just started swimming up and down glass

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

darczap

Loaches just started swimming up and down glass

Post by darczap » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:46 pm

I have a couple clown loaches, one yoyo loach, 10 rainbow fish and a small bristlenose Pleco in a 55 gallon. I had some previous fish that had a minor case of ich but they were treated with copper and donated to my local fish store. My loaches never showed signs of any disease and we're always willing to eat as much as they could even while being treated with copper.

Now that the couple fish who had the minor ich are out of the tank, I did a water change but I did not dose the tank with copper. My loaches who always swam to the top of my tank at feeding were fixated at swimming up and down the left side of my tank today ignoring feeding time.

I'm a little worried they have a disease but nothing is visible. No levels of ammonia, nitrite and nitrates were at 10ppm, and ph about 7.4. I have the temperature at about 83-84 degrees. This was the first time since I've had my loaches now for 3 months where they were swimming up and down the side of the tank, disinterested in food. I feed them shrimp pellets, algae wafers, frozen food, flakes, and de-shelled mashed sweet peas.

I do about a 27% to 37% water change weekly, have 2 air pumps aerating the tank and a Fluval 306 canister running the tank. I guess it's possible they are fighting some disease although nothing visible and my other fish are eating and happy.

Any ideas into the change in behavior of the loaches?

Greek

Re: Loaches just started swimming up and down glass

Post by Greek » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:33 pm

Does this behaviour look like that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RA-nor-CYY ?