My Betta Challlenge (Photos & Video)

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

FranM

My Betta Challlenge (Photos & Video)

Post by FranM » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:57 am

I'd posted before about my skinny clown loach several months ago and happy to report a perfectly plump clown.

However, I do like bettas very much yet my luck with them is 50/50. Because of my experience I believe my Betta is having a swim bladder issue or constipation because he's not leaving the surface. Upon feeding it does seem to be a bit of a struggle getting to the bottom but it eats with gusto.

I feed frozen bloodworms only every other day, approx six worms per feeding. I have pics to show you the setup and the overall health of the fish. I use a heated, filtered, 2 gallon aquarium and a half water change every week when I do the big tank water change. The water replaced is within a couple degrees of the original temp.

Should I feed frozen peas? Hope my pic links work! Thank you. I see the pics uploaded just be sure to click on them to actually see the Betta. Thank you. Working on up loading a video as well.

VIDEO:

FranM

Re: My Betta Challlenge (Photos & Video)

Post by FranM » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:30 pm

So for anyone who is having a similar problem, after the first peas attempt I saw no change. I waited a few days and cut up miniscule pieces and fed a couple and the fish definitely had an appetite and wants to eat. I Then fasted another three days. Still at the top on its side a bit. So last night I put a teaspoon of Epsom salt to a two gallon container having changed half the water first. I think this morning I see slight improvement. He's still at top but not on side. I'll see what tonight brings. Reluctant to feed again yet.